Chapter 139 - Chain Quest: Souta vs. Gregory (1)

All Ursus did was casting the tier 3 spell [Ice Dome]. After that, he didn't provide any assistance to Gregory in capturing his daughter. It's because someone appeared before him.

He was standing on the rooftop of a tall building while looking at the dome of ice that he created and opposite of him was a man.

The legendary man and the one who was entitled hero was standing in front of him.

"You know that it's my family's affair. So why are you here of all people?" Ursus asked the man in front of him.

The man in front of Ursus was a tall man with an average build. He has short messy blonde hair and yellow eyes. He was wearing a navy blue coat on top of a white shirt and wearing pants with the same color of his shirt.

He was the one who was called the Flame Master, Bargan Hevifield. One of the most powerful people in the Ladro Institute and a man who was acknowledged as the Hero of the Melosa War.

"I'm not here to fight. I'm just here to protect my students in case something happened to them." Bargan said as he sat down and looked at the dome. "Yah, you've made quite a scene, casting a tier 3 spell in the middle of the city. Did you talk to the city lord about this? You wouldn't cast this spell in the middle of the city without the city lord's permission at all."

"By students, do you mean the top students?" Ursus asked while looking at Bargan.

"I wonder about that..." Bargan replied to him leisurely.

"My daughter is not a top student so I know that. Her power isn't that great, so the institute would send a person like you just to protect her. The institute also wouldn't gain anything from her." Ursus said to Bargan. It didn't really matter if Bargan was showing that relaxed attitude in front of him. He knew that even if there were dozen of him, he still wouldn't be able to defeat Bargan.

He guessed that he needed thirty of his power level before he could fight Bargan and that's only fighting him on equal ground, not defeating Bargan. To defeat him, he needed fifty of his power level but only two would survive at that battle.

That's how powerful the Flame Master.

"Whoa, you're saying bad things to your daughter..." Bargan looked at Ursus with a smile on his face. He then added, "The institute is not protecting her for you. The institute decided to protect her because it wanted to get a good impression on the students with the potential to reach the top."

"By that... You mean that Souta." Ursus understood what Bargan mean.

"Yes, since Souta is serious about taking Lumilia back to the institute. The institute responded by helping him so that he would get a good impression of the institute. You could say that we're investing." Bargan explained to him. "Also, Souta is not the only student that have potential here. Actually, four of them are present here that have the potential to surpass me, including Souta."

"I see... So that's the reason why... Those four students appeared here to get my daughter back to the institute. That's why the institute sent you here." Ursus understood all of it.

"You're correct. I'm here to protect them. By protect, I'm mean it as protecting them from dying not babysitting them." Bargan paused for a moment before he continued, "I will only prevent them from dying. Even if they lost their battles it's okay. They needed it to grow stronger."

Suddenly, both of them stopped as they felt something inside the dome.

Bargan squinted his eyes and his senses passed through the [Ice Dome]. He muttered, "Tier 3 spell..."

Not just him, Ursus felt it too. The power of the tier 3 spells inside the dome. Both of them felt the collision of the two tier 3 spells.

Bargan lifted up his hand and he gathered his magical power on it. He then made a grabbing motion but he stopped midway.