Chapter 6 - Fighting Kobolds

"Hmm... Although I've just arrived here yesterday, it feels like I haven't eaten seafood for a long time."

Souta muttered as he bit the roasted fish in his hand. He still has a general idea of how to make fire without using magic.

"I've already increased my Intelligence attribute but I still couldn't remember my past." He looked at his stats while eating.

He could only remember that he came from earth and played the most popular game, Battle World Online. When he first came here, his memory was hazy. He slowly remembers things from the past every time he increases his Intelligence attribute.

"It sucks being a monster with low intelligence."

Suddenly, he heard footsteps coming behind him.

"Hmm...?" He slowly turned his head and looked behind him. He saw five kobolds coming out of the bushes. They were armed with sword and spear.

Shing!

The kobolds pointed their weapons on his back.

'Oi! Oi! Why are you pointing that on me? Do you really want to die that much?'

One of the kobolds opened its mouth and said something that he couldn't understand.

"#[email protected]"

'This humanoid dogs?! I couldn't understand what they are saying!' Souta frowned hearing this.

There's no subtitles or speech balloon in his vision like in the game. If that's really the case, then he wouldn't understand a single thing in this world. No, there's an exception... and that's the Undead Skeleton Mage he fought before. But, it's different as the Undead Mage talked to his mind directly like some sort of telepathy. Well, he couldn't understand the logic behind it.

It seems that he needs to learn the language of this world first. He just hope that he still has time to learn that. It's important to learn it because he wouldn't be able to converse to other races without learning a language.

Ah! There's an item that will greatly help him.

He recalled one of the most powerful and advanced countries in the world, the Mechanic Country. The Mechanic Country had that technology. A technology where he could freely converse to other people even without knowing their language. That technology could translate thousands of languages around the world.

"I'll just get it at that time." He muttered as he slowly stood up and faced the kobolds.

The kobolds were still saying things that he couldn't understand. The kobolds got fed up with him as he didn't even reply to their question.

They raised their weapon and swung it downwards aiming at his head.

Souta saw this and moved his body sideways dodging the sharp weapons. He then picked up the [Staff of Undead] and drew a little distance to the kobolds.

"It's a fight, right? Okay, I will give you what you want!" Saying this, he charged straight on the five kobolds in front of him.

Clang! Clang! Clang!

Metallic sounds echoed in the area near the river.

Souta ducked down and used his feet to kick the knee of the kobold. He then moved his hand and swung the staff.

Clang!

One of the kobolds protected its comrades by blocking his staff.

Swoosh!

The remaining three kobolds rushed at him and stabbed their spear in his direction.

Seeing this, Souta rolled backward avoiding the sharp end of the spears.