Chapter 54 - Mystical Light Cherry

"What?!"

Souta was surprised when he heard when the words "Mystical Light Fruit". He looked at the three adventurers and once again asked if it's really the Mystical Light Fruit.

The three adventurers looked at each other for a second before they replied.

"Well, you see... It's just a rumor but we think that it's true."

The one in the center looked around and carefully said, "You see... A lot of higher rank adventurers are gathering here so it's probably true. Even some nobles from Melosa Country are here."

"I see... " Souta nodded at them and once again asked them. "So, can you tell me where they saw the Mystical Light Cherry?"

"Desolate Woods." They answered his question in a simple way.

"Okay, thanks for telling me." Souta thanked them before he left.

...

Souta rubbed his chin and pondered what he should do.

It was probably true that the Mystical Light Cherry was in the Desolate Woods. If those nobles were involved here then they must have silenced the one who saw it and spread the words. Since the person who saw it was nowhere to be found, the other people thought that it was just a rumor with no clear evidence.

It will be hard dealing with those nobles but since they came from the Melosa Country, Souta wouldn't hold back at all if they bothered him. The nobles from Melosa Country were hard to deal if he was staying in the Melosa Country, but since he was staying in Hebrei Kingdom and the distance between them was huge, he doesn't need to worry about them causing trouble for him.

His priority right now was to get the Rotten Venomous Green Apple.

If he had energy left after he acquired the fruit then he wouldn't mind taking the Mystical Light Cherry for himself. Also, Bryan and Yuko were here with him so he could probably save more stamina in completing that low-level dungeon. He needed to save his strength if he wanted to compete for the Mystical Light Cherry. The battle for the cherry was going to get chaotic as nobles were involved.

Mystical Light Cherry was a type of fruit called Mana Fruit. It could greatly enhance the consumer's mana capacity and mana manipulation. The consumer's senses over mana will increase greatly.

If Souta wasn't wrong, the Mystical Light Cherry could increase a person's mana capacity by one hundred and also level up the mana manipulation skill by one. The only problem was that a person will only receive the full benefits of the fruit if they consumed it for the first time. If someone who ate the fruit before consumed the cherry then they will only receive half of the benefits.

For subsequent use, the effect of the fruit will lessen until a person wouldn't receive any benefits.

...

Souta left the Adventurers Guild and saw Bryan and Yuko waiting for him.

"What did you do?" Bryan asked him curiously.

"I just talk to some adventurers there," Souta replied.

"I know that. I see you talking to them for a while so I decided to wait outside. Say, what are you talking about?" Bryan asked him.

"I'm just gathering information about our quest," Souta answered him.

"Yosh! So how is it? I'm ready to depart any time to complete the quest." Bryan said with an excited expression.

"We're departing tomorrow morning. We just arrived here, so we need to rest first then we can go all out tomorrow." Souta said.

"Aw! Why? I wanted to complete it soon. I don't want to skip class you know." Bryan complained.