Chapter 74 - Battle for the Mystical Light Cherry: Quest Complete!!

Bryan and the rest were waiting for Souta outside the Desolate Woods. It's dangerous inside the woods right now as the burning rocks were falling down all over the woods. It was destroying the woods.

They had a concern looked in their face as they waited for Souta to appear.
Lumilia asked what happened there but Bryan and Fred didn't give her an explanation. They said that it's better if Souta said it as he's the one who really knew what's happening there. Even Fred wanted to tell her what happened but he didn't know the exact thing that occurred there.

Lumilia didn't have a choice but to wait for Souta even though she was extremely curious about what transpired there.

She could see that Fred, her butler, was trembling and Bryan was covered in blood. This only made her curiosity reached its peak.

...

Souta was dashing through the forest with all of his might. Every second the ground shook as the burning rocks crashed deep in the ground.

He held his chest as he felt his blood flowing out of his wounds. While his other hand was holding his bag tightly. He wouldn't let it go no matter what because the Rotten Venomous Green Apple and the flesh of a level 20 above undead was inside it.

He run passed every tree as his speed increased with the help of his skill [Dash]. He could feel it, his stamina was running out at a very fast speed.

Swoosh!! Swoosh!!

"It's not that bad. I've gained more this time." Souta muttered.

...

He arrived outside of the Desolate Woods. He was greeted by a red fluffy fur.

"Hmph!!"

His face was buried in the red for as Yuko hugged him tightly. He tapped Yuko's hand as he felt the pain in his wound from being pressed tightly by her.

It took him a while before he managed to get out of Yuko's embrace.

"Huff... Huff..." Souta gasped and he turned his head to his side. He saw that Lumilia and the rest were looking at him.

"Mission complete," Souta said as he smirked at them.

Bryan laughed and Lumilia sighed in relief. Fred and Jusmin smiled at this.

Bryan raised his hand which was holding the Mystical Light Cherry. The quest this time was hard and there were many unknown factors that appeared but they still managed to accomplish their objectives.

Bryan gave the Mystical Light Cherry to Lumilia without hesitation.

"Is it really okay for me to receive this?" Lumilia asked with slight hesitation.

She knew that she didn't even help in getting the cherry and without Bryan and Souta they wouldn't be able to acquire the cherry. The Mystical Light Cherry should belong to Souta and Bryan, not her. Even without her help or Fred's help Bryan and Souta would regardless acquire the cherry. This was the reason why she hesitated.

"It's okay, that's part of our quest. You should help us sometimes in the future." Souta said to her.

"O-Okay." Lumilia nodded at him.

It was then that Souta heard the system prompt inside his head.

*Ding!*

[Congratulations on completing the quest Gathering!!]

[You've received 20,000 exp, 10 free attribute points, and 5 skill points!!]

Souta smiled when he saw this. He had 4 skill points left and added with 5 skill points, he now had a total of 9 skill points. He could use it to level up his [Shadow Bind] skill to six but he decided to postpone it until he went back to Ladros City.