Chapter 17 - Getting to know the Merchant

Souta smiled inwardly when he saw the communicator from the merchant. The merchant was a fat man wearing luxurious clothes. Although the merchant was looking like that, Souta knew that he was as strong as him.

With the merchant wearing the communicator, he would be able to converse with them.

'Okay, let's ask if he's selling a communicator.' Souta thought as he walked forward to the merchant.

Yuko followed behind him quietly. She glared at the people around them but she still followed Souta's order so she could only glare at these people.

The merchant looked at the female guard beside him and said, "Brianna, lend him your communicator."

Brianna, the female guard, nodded and removed the communicator on her neck. She then threw it towards Souta.

Souta caught it and placed it on his neck.

The merchant saw Souta walking towards him. He checked if the communicator was running before he opened his mouth and asked, "I'm Jimmy of the Lanny Corp. and who are you, sir?"

The merchant called himself Jimmy. Jimmy asked Souta with a polite tone. A demi who could tame a Red Fur Bear was hard to find. Souta was extraordinary in his opinion and worth befriending.

"I'm Souta Ieshi and this is my partner Yuko." Souta introduced himself and Yuko to the merchant named Jimmy. He then goes straight to the point, "Do you have another communicator? I can pay for it."

"Oh?!" Jimmy was surprised but he didn't show it on his face.

The fact that Souta knew the existence of a communicator means that Souta came from a large city or kingdom. A rural village could hardly get news from those countries. It didn't have any access to advance technology. Airship, communicator, automatic vehicle, etc. couldn't be found in a rural village like this one. People of this village didn't even know what's airship.

"I'm sorry, the only thing I brought were the items that were approved by the Mechanic Country." Jimmy shook his head in regret.

"Is that so?" Souta could understand that. The Mechanic Country and the other powerful countries don't want to sell their technology to rural villages and small countries. 'A weak country should stay a weak country' was what they say. Those who violated this would be completely destroyed. There was once an ambitious merchant that sell their technology here and there. That merchant and the place he sells the technology vanished in one night.

"Sir Ieshi, do you mind if I ask where do you come from?" Jimmy walked beside Souta and asked. He waved his hand to his guards and nodded. The guards help the crowd calm down.

Souta turned his head and saw a beautiful female wearing a silver-colored breastplate. He felt his blood rising from his body. He gulped unconsciously.

"S-sir Ieshi?" Jimmy called him as he saw Souta was in daze.

"Huh?" Souta turned to look at Jimmy.

The instinct of a goblin was something he couldn't imagine. The instinct to engage in sexual intercourse with a beautiful female. This was something he didn't expect. He hasn't met a single female ever since he came here. No, actually he met a female kobolds, goblins, and other monsters. He just couldn't differentiate with their appearance. Also, Yuko was a female bear.

Biting his tongue slightly to calm down his nerves, Souta asked Jimmy.

"What is it?"

"Where do you came from?" Jimmy repeated his question while looking at his female guard. It seemed that he guessed what Souta was thinking.