Chapter 145 - Movements in the dark

Ursus declared to the whole city that he cut all of his ties with Lumilia. It means that from now on, Lumilia doesn't have anything to do with Asvares Family. She also lost her qualification to inherit the family.

It's not surprising for Souta that Ursus did this. Ursus called Lumilia to come back to the mansion because some of his competitors might target her.

"If he really is concern for her daughter then why would he let her marry a man that she didn't even like," Souta muttered as he couldn't understand Ursus's reason.

'Ufufu, that's just how nobles are from the present and the past. They aren't really concern about liking or not, all they thought is that feeling can be cultivated in time. Pretty annoying, right?' Saya's voice sounded in Souta's head.

"Yeah, it's annoying. I really couldn't understand what's coming in the head of those nobles." Souta nodded at her words.

Then, Souta heard a familiar sound in his mind.

*Ding!*

[Quest 3 completed!]

[You've received 25,000 exp, 10 free attribute points, and 7 skill points!]

*Ding!*

[Lumilia's Chain Quest completed!]

[You've received Grade A- score!]

[Calculating the bonus rewards...]

*Ding!*

[Calculating completed!]

[You've received 20,000 exp, 6 free attribute points, and 4 skill points!]

'Damn, it's all worth it. All my efforts in helping class rep didn't go in vain.' Souta breath a sighed of relief when he saw the notification in his mind.

Completing the quest 3 means that Lumilia managed to leave the city on time.

The rewards for this chain quest were enormous that he could level up one of his skills to a high level. The class promotion was just in Souta's sight.

'Someone is following us.' Souta heard Saya's voice in his mind.

Souta immediately stopped thinking about points as he was surprised by what he heard from Saya.

"Really?" Souta asked to make sure of it because he hasn't noticed anything wrong around him.

'Ufufu, if you want to believe me then believe it, if not then it's not a problem for me.' Saya chuckled while saying those words.

'What is it? Was what she's saying a true or not?' Souta thought as he closed his eyes. He tried to guess if Saya was saying the truth or not.

'Okay, I'll believe her. But if someone is following me who would follow me. Is it someone from Gregory's knights, Asvares knights, or maybe the city guards are finally making a move?' Souta closed his eyes and tried to think of an answer to his question.

Vidrato's knights were annihilated by the clashed of the two tier 3 spells before. But what if there's someone that was still alive and right now that knight was following him.

Hmm...? That's impossible because if it's really from Vidrato Family then it's going to attack him right now in his most vulnerable time. Souta was exhausted and couldn't move his body, the knights of the Vidrato Family wouldn't let him go if they found him like this.

Souta eliminated the knights of the Vidrato Family in the choices.

The answer was one of the two, the knights of the Asvares Family or the city guards.