Chapter 16 - Special Quest

Souta rest for a whole day. He just stays inside the cave and he let Yuko hunt the food for the two of them. Yuko was one of the powerful monsters here so he doesn't need to worry about her getting in trouble.

"Let's continue our journey," Souta said as he stood up and stretched his body. It was morning and the weather was nice. It's perfect for traveling.

He turned around and looked at Yuko. "Yuko, come on! Let's go!"

Yuko followed behind him quietly.

Souta has a plan. He recalled that there were valuable things in this forest. Every place of this world has something that's valuable. Especially with his current strength, he needs those things as long as it could help him a little.

Souta followed his memories and walked for about one hour before he stopped. Yuko also stopped and looked at him with a confused expression. She was wondering why did he stop all of a sudden.

Souta ignored her and carefully looked at his surrounding. Towering trees were around them and it still the same as before.

'Hmm...? Okay, I get it,' he then ducked down and pressed his palm on the grass. He then felt a stone hiding beneath the grass.

This stone was different from normal stone as characters that he couldn't understand were carved in the surface of the stone. There's a red dot protruding in the center of the carvings.

Souta smiled and looked around him. He noticed a flickering light hiding in the tree fifteen meters away from him. He pressed the red dot and slowly raised his hand. He showed the stone to the flickering light.

The flickering light vanished from his sight and he felt someone appeared behind him. Souta slowly turned his head and saw a strange creature behind him.

It has the same height as him when he was still an ordinary goblin. It was a humanoid creature that has a furry lower body and two goat horns on its head. It was a Great Lumb. A special type of monster that can only be found in a forest. It didn't have great combat skills but it has great magical powers. In the game, if a player encounters this creature they will receive a special quest. Those special quests were easy to do and have a high reward.

The Great Lumb opened its palm. Souta understood what it meant so he placed the stone on top of its palm. It then turned around and started to walked.

Souta followed the Great Lumb without hesitation. He gesture from behind and Yuko started to walked. She was confused and didn't know what's happening.

Swooosh!!

Suddenly the atmosphere changed. Souta looked around and found that they were in front of a beautiful lake. He then heard a system prompt in his head.

*Ding!*

[You've entered the Secret Ground of the Great Lumb!]

[Quest triggered!]

[Give Me]: the Great Lumb wants you to give him your treasure. Rewards: ???

Souta read the quest that he received. He just needed to give the Great Lumb his treasure. Just like what the forum said. The quest was easy but the reward was still unknown.

He picked up the bag that was hanging on his waist. He opened it and revealed the precious stones that he got from the Undead Sanctuary. These stones were valuable. It has a high price in the market.

He gave all the stones to the Great Lumb. But he still hasn't heard that he completed the quest. It means that it wasn't enough. He took out the three skill books and also gave it but it wasn't enough.