Chapter 66 - Next Quest

Souta packed the container inside his bag. He stood up and said, "You can rest here. After we rest, we will head to get the Mystical Light Cherry for class rep."

Bryan and Fred nodded at him. They sat down and tried to recover their energy as fast as possible.

"How about you?" Jusmin asked him.

"Me, I'm going to see what's this undead," Souta said as he walked towards the Undead Cyclops.

Lumilia just looked at him before she closed her eyes.

Souta sat down in front of the Undead Cyclops and sliced a piece of its meat. He placed it inside the other container that he bought.

It's one of the requirements for his next evolution, the meat of the level 20 and above undead.

Now that he acquired all the materials needed for his next evolution, the only thing he needed was to level up to twenty. He doesn't need to worry about that now as his priority was to complete Lumilia's quest. The rewards of her quest were the highest all of the quest he received ever since he came here in this world.

He will undergo evolution once he finished this quest. After that, he will focus on leveling up his class. Currently, he was just a Rank 1 Mage. To promote to Rank 2 Mage, he needed to level up once of his specialty to level 10. Leveling up a spell was completely different from leveling up a combat arts like his [Stab] skill. It was different from combat arts that could be trained to level up.

The spell was made up of a magic circle. He needed to know how to build up a magic circle without relying on his system. This was the reason why he enrolled in the Ladro Institute.

...

The group rested inside the boss room for almost an hour.

They recovered some of their energy in this time, so Souta lead them out of the dungeon.

"Ho~ that undead was crazy strong," Bryan said after they got out the dungeon.

"Don't worry about it, you have the potential to surpass it," Souta commented.

Lumilia agreed at him. She knew that Bryan had four affinities and only powerful people possessed four affinities. In the future, Bryan would become one too with proper training.

"Okay, prepare yourself. Our opponent this time isn't some mindless undead." Souta clapped and said. "The battle this time will be hard, harder than conquering the dungeon, so be prepared. The nobles from both Hebrei Kingdom and Melosa Country will be our opponents. Also, some of the high-level adventurers will be there to get the Mystical Light Cherry."

Lumilia, Fred, and Jusmin nodded with a gloomy expression. They knew that it will become a fierce battle if the nobles from other countries were involved in this fight.

"Bring it on," Bryan said with a smile. He was excited to fight strong people from another country.

"But something is strange here..." Souta said as he looked around.

"Something is strange?" Bryan looked at Souta with a questioning gaze.

Souta looked at them and asked, "Are any of you familiar with this forest?"

"No, this is my first time here." Bryan shook his head.

"We came here before but we didn't enter this deep," Fred said.

Souta nodded in understanding. He opened his mouth and said, "In the books, they said that we shouldn't enter the inner part of the Desolate Woods if we don't have enough strength."

"Yeah, why?" Jusmin nodded and asked.

"In this part of the forest, there's a lot of powerful monsters. Two types of these monsters even possess a monster orb. So why we haven't met those monsters?" Souta carefully said to them.