Chapter 19 - Registration

Souta woke up and he slowly opened his eyes. He found himself being covered by red fluffy fur. It was none other than Yuko.

"Hmm... Good morning, Yuko." Souta said and he stretched his body. Yuko lifted up her head and licked his cheek. Lately, she came to like licking him on his cheek.

"Ah, stop that," Souta said as he patted her head to make her stop. Yuko stopped as soon as he patted her head. She closed her eyes and enjoy his patting.

He looked around and found himself in the ranch. Inside one of the rooms of the supposedly pet. It seems that he fell asleep here yesterday while thinking about what will happen in the future. He didn't even go to his room inside the inn.

"I will feed you later just stay here for a while," Souta said to Yuko. He already had a plan for today. He needed to go to the library and get some books about the languages of this world. He needed to learn to write so that he wouldn't fail in the entrance exam of the academy.

"Uu." Yuko looked at him with teary eyes. It seemed that she didn't want to stay here where she couldn't even move her huge body. After all, this place was too small for her.

"Okay, okay, I won't forget to bring you the meat that you like," Souta said as he forces himself to smile. He then stood up and went inside the inn.

The middle-aged woman wearing a simple clothes looked at him with weird eyes. She was the owner of the inn.

Souta looked at her and smile wryly. He could guess what she was thinking. He, after all, slept in the ranch with his pet.

He sat down and ordered breakfast. While waiting for the breakfast to arrive, he took out a card from his pocket. This was his Adventurer's ID. A simple identification card that confirmed him being an adventurer.

A picture of him was in the upper left part of the card. Beside it was his information and his rank. He was a Rank F adventurer as he just joined the guild yesterday. He needs to complete various quests to acc.u.mulate merits and raised his rank.

After a while the waitress brought his order, he placed his card back and focused his attention on the food.

"Here's your order, sir." The waitress said as she placed down the meals that he ordered on the table.

"Thank you." Souta thanked the waitress and turned his attention to the meals before him.

"It's really good compared to those things that I've eaten in the Undead Sanctuary," Souta muttered as he recalled that he needed to eat the raw meat of a goblin before just to survive. The first few days were a nightmare for him.

"Ah~ I'm really glad that I've survived."

...

Souta left Yuko in the ranch and he went into the library.

He paid the entrance fee and entered the library. In this place, a person needs money to get an access to information. Only in a country like this have a library. Among all the countries in the continent, only the three great countries and Mechanic Country were advance enough that they don't need a library. All the information was digitalized.

Souta looked around the countless books inside this huge library. All sorts of information were in this place. The books were arranged neatly. It seems the owner always took care of the books in the library. He then found the book that he wanted.

Raising his hand and picking up the book. He opened the book and read the first few pages of it.

Suddenly, a familiar sound ringed in his mind.

*Ding*

[Do you want to learn Nurman Language for 1 skill point? Yes/No?]

"....ehhh?!" Souta was surprised when he saw the words written in the interface.