Chapter 128 - Chain Quest: Elite Knights

Souta swept his eyes at the remaining knights around him. He counted their numbers and found that the number of knights was twenty-three. Fifteen of them came from the Vidrato Family while the rest were from Asvares Family.

The civilian already left this area when the battle between Souta and the knights started a few minutes ago, so right now they were the only people in this place except for the few ones that choose to stay.

Souta guessed that the one that stayed here have some power to protect themselves. They have the confidence to do that that's why they choose to stay in this place.

He clenched his fingers around the handle of his sword and he slightly bent his knees. Souta was about to charge towards the knights of the Vidrato Family when an oppressive aura hit him.

Boom!!

"They finally arrived..." Souta muttered as he turned his head and saw two groups of knights.

They were the elite knights of Vidrato and Asvares Family. They were emitting a powerful aura that could rival his own.

"It's legit... They really are powerful to the point that each one of them could rival my own." Souta smiled while looking at these newly arrived knights.

The elite knights of Asvares Family had five people in their group while the Vidrato family have seven members.

'This number is sufficient to take me down but the Gale Group will arrive here soon. I just have to hold on for a few minutes.' Souta thought while observing the elite knights.

It's quite lucky that they didn't send out more of them. The two families only sent out one squad.

'But they wouldn't be able to take me down easily.' Souta smirked as he circulated his mana around his body and he tightly gripped the Vajra sword in his hand.

"There's no need to hold back."

Souta casted [Agility Boost] and [Strength Boost] on himself. He then stomped his feet on the ground and several tentacle-like shadows emerged.

Swoosh!! Swoosh!! Swoosh!!

The knights quickly pulled their sword and tried to cut down the shadows.

But they didn't manage to.

The shadows were tougher than they imagined, they didn't think that they couldn't cut those shadows.

After finding out that they couldn't cut the shadows, the knights quickly moved their bodies and jumped away.

"Quickly restrain him!" One of the elite knights of the Asvares family shouted.

Two of his comrades used their combat arts that could increase their power and speed.

Swoosh!

In an instant, the two of them appeared in front of Souta. Both of them slashed their swords at him.

Souta stepped back and raised his sword to block their attacks.

Clang! Clang!

Souta was pushed back as he felt the power from that attacks.

Then, the Vajra sword emitted a red aura. Without wasting any second Souta used the [Crimson Moon] skill.

The two knights already anticipated it when they saw the red aura around the sword, so they managed to avoid the skill.

Swoosh!!

Suddenly, black spikes emerged from the ground. It was about to pierce the body of the two knights when the spike broke into tiny particles.