Chapter 170 - I will smoke out the mastermind

"Don't you ever think of escaping from us?" The guards warned Souta with a grim expression.

"Well..." Souta's expression turned cold in an instant. The atmosphere turned chilly.

Even though he was wearing a mask and the guards couldn't see his face. They still could feel the heavy pressure he was releasing. It feels that some heavy risks were placed on their shoulders. That kind of feeling.

The guards subconsciously took a step backward. They gulped their saliva as they felt that Souta could easily kill them right here.

"Y-You, don't try it!"

The chilly atmosphere disappeared in an instant. Souta sighed and removed the mask on his face. He then said, "Relax, I'm not planning to escape. I just wanted to tell you that I'm not the one who killed these two people. They don't have their internal organs anymore. The killer must have taken them so if I'm the killer why don't I have their internal organs."

"You have a point there but we still need to investigate you. I hope that you cooperate with us." The guards said to him. They still haven't lowered their weapons as they knew that Souta was a very dangerous man.

"Well, I'll cooperate with you. I already show you my face so there's no point in escaping right now." Souta nodded his head at the guards. He then squinted his eyes and said, "but I have one condition."

"Do tell us." The guards said.

"I don't want you to touch me a part of my body. You don't have that rights. If you can abide from that then I'll follow you." Souta said to them with a cold look.

"Y-You're just a-" one of the guards was about to say something bad to Souta but the captain of the guards stopped him.

"Shut up!" The captain of the guards looked at his subordinates. He then looked at Souta and agreed to him.

He knew that Souta's power was above from any of them. Even if they work together to subdue him, it still wouldn't be enough to stop Souta. That's the feeling he got from Souta

'Just who is this young man? It seems that he's not the culprit but I get the feeling that he knew this case better than us.' The captain if the guards have a lot of questions in his mind. He shook his head and thought that he would ask Souta later. He didn't know what's happening in their land right now.

The captain of the guards shook his head and asked his subordinates to clean the crime scene.

'What are you thinking?' Saya asked him in his head.

'I'm trying to smoke out the mastermind behind this. I'm sure that he will make a move soon. You saw that creature in the basement right?' Souta said to Saya in his head.

'Yeah, what about it?' Saya asked but she immediately took back her question as she realized something. 'If the owner of that monster in the basement knew that you're investigating the scene then he will surely put you down.'

'Yeah, the owner will try to silence me. After all, the preparation is near to completion. It's just a matter of time before everything goes down in this Fersch dukedom.' Souta said to Saya.

'I don't think so. At most the owner will send some lower life forms, like dark vine eater to silence you. They only know that your power level is C-rank but they didn't know the specifics of your skillset.' Saya replied to his words.

'I know that. The owner is hiding carefully in the dark while controlling every pawn that he had so I doubt that the owner will personally show.' Souta said in his head as he shrugged his shoulder.

'If you know that, why do this?' Saya asked him. What she couldn't understand was why Souta was letting these people capture him.

'Well, I'm sure that Lumilia will figure it out. I will leave the rest to them while I'm going to find the mastermind. It's a win-win for me and them. They will receive a lot of benefits when solving this case.' Souta grinned maliciously.