Chapter 5 - Loot and Relaxation

Souta stood up and walked towards the Undead Skeleton Mage.

The Skeleton was slowly crumbling and withering, vanishing into the air like a bubble.

There's still light in the eye socket of the Skeleton. It still has its will this time.

"W-Why?"

Souta frowned when he heard a voice directly in his head. It was a language that he didn't recognize but he still could understand it as the Skeleton was directly talking to his mind.

"We... didn't do anything... Why invade... us...?"

It was then that the Skeleton vanished and disappeared into thin air.

"Why...?" Souta muttered in a low voice. He understood that this was different from the game. The "Boss" was not a mindless monster just like in the game. They had their own will and thoughts. They weren't a 2D character anymore.

From their perspective, Souta was a monster that invades their home and kills their brethren without reason. They were just living here peacefully and he kills them, more like, he massacres them.

"I should be careful from now on." He said in a low voice as he squatted down and harvest the soul of the "Boss" using the skill [Harvester of the Soul].

He then closed his eyes and said, "Thank you for your patronage, the only thing I could do is I will always remember your help in increasing my strength... but I will not stop, I will conquer this whole dungeon!"

He really couldn't help it. At first, he was seriously treating this as a game. He fought and kill them for the sake of becoming stronger. It seems that he needs to think through his every action now.

He rubbed his chin and started to think about this whole dungeon.

Undead Sanctuary. There's a total of 12 low-level dungeons here on the upper floor of the sanctuary. Six of them were occupied by the undead and the other six were occupied by monsters.

He saw a corpse of a goblin inside this dungeon. It seems that the other dungeon which was occupied by goblins were going around here on the upper floor trying to conquer every dungeon.

It was different in the game. The monster here didn't spawn out of nowhere. The monster increases their numbers through breeding and that's what happened to the dungeon which was occupied by the monsters. There's nothing that could restrict them here so they could go out of their respective dungeon.

That's also the reason why Souta fought the "Boss" with a fifty percent chance of winning. He couldn't grind in the same dungeon as the monster didn't spawn like it did in the game.

Their numbers grew exponentially and at the same time, the "Bosses" of the dungeon grew ambitious. They started to fight on their own and fought each other trying to conquer each other's dungeons.

Once they know about his situation they will target this dungeon. Well, it doesn't matter to him as this will give him a reason to kill them. Once they attack him, he will not hold back at all and retaliate with his full strength.

Speaking of killing...

He hasn't felt anything at all when he defeated those skeletons. It just like when Humans kill ants or insects. They wouldn't treat it as killing. A human would only treat someone as a murderer when someone kills their own species.

Still, it doesn't feel anything like that when fighting the skeleton. It only feels like he's fighting a dummy. But it's not the same as fighting a humanoid monster. Those monsters have the vibe of humans and it was entirely different compared to skeletons.