Chapter 106 - Assassins

The man pulled down his hood and revealed his face to the rest. He smiled and said, "Long time no see brat."

Bryan and Souta revealed a surprised expression as both of them knew this man.

Souta smiled and said, "I should have killed you at that time. Well, I won't let you go this time."

He then quickly grabbed the handle of the Vajra sword and pulled it out. He used the [Crimson Moon] skill.

Swoosh!!

Bryan quickly reacted as he went beside Lumilia and Cluster. He took the two away as he knew that Souta was going to fight here in this place.

Brando was stunned as he doesn't know what's happening. He didn't even know who's this man and had no idea what's their relationship.

The other man pulled out a dagger and quickly stepped forward in front of his comrade. He raised his dagger and blocked Souta's attack.

Boom!!

The man managed to block his attack, so Souta quickly turned to Brando and shouted, "Brando, protect them you're a shielder, right? Then, it's your job to protect them!"

Brando nodded and went beside Lumilia and Cluster. Lumilia took Cluster in her arms as she took a distance and casted defensive spell.

Bryan knew what to do in this kind of situation. Since Souta asked Brando to protect the rest, he had to fight now.

Souta once again used [Crimson Moon], but his attack was blocked by the man once again.

"Damn!" Souta cursed as he gathered his mana and casted [Agility Boost], and [Strength Boost]. He narrowed his eyes as he observed the two figures in front of him.

The man who blocked his attack was wearing a black cloak. His figure was muscular and his feature was sharp with a scar on his right eye. He was armed with a sharp dagger and Souta guessed that it was an orange grade weapon.

Souta knew the other man. That man was Vince, the knight that he fought before in the Desolate Woods. And now this man came to kill them.

He then heard a sound in his head.

*Ding!*

[Quest Triggered!]

[Protect]: Protect Lumilia from the assassin that came to take her life. Time limit: 5 minutes. Rewards: 20,000 exp, 6 free attribute points, and 3 skill points

'Hmm...? So their target is class rep, not Cluster.' Souta thought. He knew that Lumilia's apartment was protected by Institute, so these assassins couldn't enter there easily. They must have thought that this was a chance since only he, Bryan, and Brando was here. Also, they wouldn't be able to fight well because of their injuries.

"This is getting bad," Souta muttered in a low voice. He accepted the quest without hesitation. Well, it's class rep he was talking about.

One of the customers here stood and approached them. He was going to say something when his head flew in the air.

Putchi!!

His blood spurted out like a fountain.

The whole place turned quiet as no one dared to utter a single word.

In the next moment, their face was painted with fear and they screamed loudly. Fear consumed their hearts as they started to panic.

"Ahh!!"

"Help!!"

Brando and Bryan opened their eyes widely at this scene.

Lumilia covered Cluster eyes with her hands. She doesn't want her to see this scene.