Chapter 38 - Start of Class (1)

Souta woke up early in the morning. He sat on the bed and looked outside the window. As expected a lot of people were already awake at this time. They already start another day of their life even before the sun rises.

"What a good morning..." Souta stood up and stretched his body. This was the start of his class at Ladro Institute so he couldn't afford to be late on his first day. He doesn't want to leave a bad impression on his first day.

After that, he went to wash his face in the bathroom. He also didn't forget to change to bandages on his left arm. The wounds were already closed and Souta guessed that it would take two days before it completely healed.

He then wore a normal white shirt and black pants. He knew that he will get the uniform of the Ladro Institute so he couldn't wear the normal leather armor that he always wore. The uniform of the Ladro Institute was a yellow grade equipment and it has the same grade as his armor. Even though they were of the same grade the attributes he added from the uniform were higher than his leather armor that was made of High Kobold's hide.

He looked around and found the Vajra Sword in the corner of the room. He picked it up and hung it on his waist. There's no weapon ban in the Ladro Institute and every student could bring their own weapon in the Institute. The Institute didn't forbid it as the Institute didn't only teach knowledge but also skills on how to fight and defend themselves. In this world, it's natural for the children to know some fighting skills.

Right now, he only used bandages to wrapped the crimson blade of the sword as it doesn't have any scabbard. He planned to go to a weapon smith and asked a custom made a scabbard for the [Vajra Sword Saya].

After he checked his things thoroughly, he went downstairs to have his breakfast.

"The same as always!" Souta said as he sat down in a vacant chair. He waited for a while before the waitress came out with his order.

The waitress placed down his order on the top of his table. While placing down his order, she opened her mouth and asked him a question.

"You've been out for four whole days, where have you been?"

Souta shrugged his shoulder and replied, "Well, some escort quest to the village around the city."

"Escort quest, huh? It's really hard to become an adventurer." The waitress said.

"At first it's hard but once you get used to it you will find it enjoyable as you will see many things that you wouldn't see in a city like this," Souta said as he picked up the fork and spoon. "Thanks for the food!" He said before he dug down the food that he ordered.

"Enjoy your meal." The waitress said before she left.

...

Souta exited the inn and went to the ranch. He found Yuko there and fed her breakfast.

"Yuko, I'll be going to institute so be a good girl and stay here for a while." Souta looked at Yuko who was munching her food. He reached out his hand and patted her head causing her to whimper comfortably.

He smiled before he stood up. He turned around and departed.

The city was already filled with different kinds of people early in the morning. They have different traits and skin color. Actually, only this part of the city was filled with people as this was close to the market and adventurers guild. It's not like this in the residential area of the city where the folks live.

The Ladros City was divided into five districts and each district has its own huge market and residential area. The population of the city surpassed fifty thousand excluding the adventurers who didn't have permanent living quarters. Actually, Ladros City was one of the smallest city in the whole kingdom and have the lowest population. After all, this city was just a border city.