Chapter 73 - Battle for the Mystical Light Cherry: Souta versus Gredi and Vince

Souta's group was running towards the direction where Lumilia and the rest stay.

Souta noticed that someone was following them. He stopped and looked behind him. He saw the two knight leaders were following him.

"What's wrong, Souta?" Bryan asked him when he saw Souta stopped all of a sudden.

"The knights are following us," Souta said while looking at the approaching knights. The knights were carrying their young masters.

"Bryan, Fred. You can go now. Leave this to me." Souta said with a serious expression.

Bryan looked at Souta for a while before he nodded. "Okay, I understand."

"Take care," Fred said.

The two of them continued their way to Lumilia and the rest. Bryan was injured, so Souta didn't let him fight anymore, and Fred was unstable. He was afraid and he wouldn't be able to hide it in front of Souta.

"Okay, let's do this," Souta said as he stretched out his limbs. He then took out a mana potion from his bag. He drank it without a second thought. He already lost a large amount of mana from casting buff to Bryan and Fred before.

He prepared himself for the arrival of the two knight leaders.

Before that... Souta looked at the direction of the big battle. He knew that it's only a matter of time before Julius killed those people.

Julius' level was entirely different from the family head of some noble family and the head of a town. It needed several generals of the Melosa Country to stop a single Commandment.

...

Vince and Gredi, the knight leaders, stopped when they saw that Souta was waiting for them. They looked around and saw that it was only Souta. They thought that the other two already left with the Mystical Light Cherry.

They placed down their young masters and looked at Souta with a wary expression.

"You! What are you doing? Tell me where's the Mystical Light Cherry!" One of the young masters pointed at Souta and asked him.

"Yeah, tell us if you want to live." The other one said.

"Hmm... What a spoiled young noble." Souta said with an amused expression. He slowly pulled out the [Vajra Sword Saya].

"Young master, stay back," Vince said as he stepped forward to shield his master.

"We're going to finish this quickly," Gredi said and he silently gathered his mana.

"Hmm... Finish me quickly. That's something else, you know." Souta casted [Agility Boost] and [Strength Boost] on himself. He only has half amount of his mana left in his mana pool.

He then raised his hand and casted...

[Shadow Bind]!!

Their shadows burst out and tried to bind the two knight leaders, but the knight leaders weren't ordinary people. Both of them swung their sword, which was filled with mana, at the shadows.

Swoosh!!

They continued to swing their sword until they cut all the shadows.

"Ah! Gredi(Vince)!"

They turned around and saw that the same shadows were strangling their young master.

Another shadows burst out of the ground in the form of a spike. The shadows went straight to the two young masters but Vince sliced the shadow spikes with his sword.

Vince looked at Gredi and said, "You deal with him. I'm going to protect them."

"Okay." Gredi nodded and he charged towards Souta.