Chapter 99 - Fierce Battle: Level 9 [Shadow Bind]

"So fast!!" Ailene was surprised when she saw his speed. To think that Souta didn't even use his full speed when she was chasing him.

She turned her head to where Souta was heading and saw her classmate, Irlin the top 2 ranker, and a girl with purple color hair. The girl was holding a bunch of red flags.

"So that's how it is..." Ailene muttered as she finally understood why Souta was throwing the red flags. Souta wasn't just randomly throwing those flags. He was throwing it towards his partner and that partner was that girl with purple hair.

This man surprised her again and again. Really incredible.

...

Irlin's mana flared up as he was going to attack Lynn.

However, just as Irlin was about to cast a spell his expression changed slightly.

He stopped moving as he felt someone at his side. He felt danger coming beside him.

Souta arrived beside Irlin in just a few moments. He opened his palm and reached it out towards Irlin's face.

"I didn't say that you could touch her. I'll kill you, you know." Souta said in a cold tone.

"S-Souta...!" Lynn looked at him with a surprised expression.

Swoosh!!

Souta grabbed Irlin's face and smashed him on the ground. He continued to move forward while gripping Irlin's face.

Boom!!

It created a one-meter deep and two-meter wide scar on the ground. The trees that were in their way were uprooted and crashed into tiny pieces.

"R-Release me!!" Irlin tried to say something to Souta. He raised his hand and grabbed Souta's wrist. He felt extreme pain as Souta was using his body to open up the ground.

"Hmph!!" Souta snorted as he tightened his grip and gathered his mana on his palm.

"Argh!!" Irlin felt extreme heat on Souta's hand which was gripping his face. The burning sensation he felt was becoming unbearable.

"[Fire Ball]..."

Souta casted the very first spell that he learned in this world. Since he was gripping Irlin's face and he used his palm to cast the spell. The spell immediately exploded as soon as it appeared.

Boom!!

He then threw Irlin away before casting another [Fire Ball] spell.

Irlin crashed on the ground and his face was covered in smoke. Then, a ball of fire flew towards his body and exploded.

Boom!!

...

Ailene and other students looked at this with a stunned expression. They watched how Souta took care of the top 2 ranker of the whole first year just like that.

"He's strong..." Gyron muttered while looking at Souta's figure. He already knocked two out of five people that were trying to pull him down. Right now, Sena and Mark help him handle the remaining three. It was because they wanted him to restore his energy.

"I thought before that I'm the strongest first year in this institute but it seems that I was wrong." He said in a low voice.

The other students subconsciously took a step back when they saw Souta turned his head to look at them. They gulped as Souta grinned widely.

Souta swept his gaze at everyone and slowly opened his mouth. "I will beat everyone here."

He provoked everyone. If he did this then some of them would step back and some were not. He wanted to decrease his opponent this time as he was exhausted and he was about to fall any second right now. The wounds that he received before were bleeding and it made him lose his strength faster than before.