Chapter 33 - Is this the demon that the boy talked about?

Clang! Clang! Clang!

Souta and the girl fought at the high-speed battle. Both of them were fast and extremely well versed in using swords.

In just a few seconds, both of their swords collided hundreds of times. It was unbelievable for a village girl to show a power rivaling Souta.

In terms of stats, both of them reached over one hundred.

Souta slashed his sword horizontally and the girl quickly parried his attack.

Souta frowned and he jumped backward taking a distance away from the girl.

It's been five minutes since their battle started and in these five minutes, he hasn't even managed to scratch the girl. Both of them were just attacking and defending, no one managed to hit each other.

Souta took a deep breath and gripped the handle of his sword tightly. The durability of the sword he was holding fell by three points from that exchange blows.

"Stronger than before, huh?" Souta muttered as he fixed his posture. He knew why an ordinary village girl could go toe to toe with him in a battle. The added stats of a dark grade equipment could even make a child beat an adult. Especially the dark grade [Vajra Sword Saya].

The added stats of the sword was even higher than his incomplete universal grade treasure.

A universal grade treasure that could only increase his stats by ten points? Is that even a universal grade?

There's a reason why the [Soul Blood Earring] was a universal grade treasure, and it was because of its skill, the [Harvester of the Soul]. The added stats using the soul was permanent. Even if he tossed the earring away, the added stats would still be left to him. It was unlike that [Vajra Sword Saya] that once the girl let go of the sword, her stats would go back to the normal stats she has before equipping the sword. Also, there's another skill the [Soul Blood Earring] holds. Once he got the other pair of the earring he will be able to use its other skill.

"Here I go..." Souta charged at the girl and casted [Shadow Bind].

The shadows moved and were about to restrain her when she emitted a strange aura and disintegrated the shadows.

She looked at him in the eyes and slowly raised the Vajra Sword. The blade of the sword emitted a bright crimson light.

"A skill...?" Souta opened his eyes widely and he immediately turned his head and shouted, "Cover yourself!"

He casted [Shadow Bind] and pulled those abnormal people down on the ground. He doesn't want anyone to die as it would fail his quest.

He then turned his head back to the girl. The crimson light got brighter and Souta pointed his sword at her. He casted [Fire Ball] and [Ice Shot] simultaneously.

The girl just slowly slashed the sword in his direction. It was a simple move but the spells he casted disintegrated immediately.

Swoosh!!

The crimson light got closer to him. It illuminated the whole area in crimson color.

"Damn!"

Boom!

A huge explosion occurred that shook the whole area. It caused some rocks in the ceiling to fall down. Thick smoke and dust swept out and covered the area of the explosion.

"Souta!!" Jack and the other adventurers shouted as they covered their eyes with their hands.

After a few moments, all of them put down their hands and all they saw was a huge crater with smoke coming out of it.