Chapter 123 - Chain Quest: Preparing

Gregory greatly underestimated him and Yuko. He thought that these people were enough to hold him off and kill Yuko. He should have at least brought someone who was at the level of the assassin before.

'I will get you back for this. I will collect your soul and you will become my nutrition.' Souta thought as he grinned. He then stood up and patted his clothes.

The patrolling knights will arrive here soon, so Souta decided to finish this immediately.

"That's enough Yuko!" Souta said in a loud voice and it gathered the attention of the people who were wearing black cloaks.

The ground beneath Souta's feet immediately turned into shadows. The shadows spread quickly and it emerged from the ground.

Swoosh!!

The people who were wearing black cloaks were caught off guard.

Souta followed it up by casting [Shadow Spike]. It pierced their bodies like a piece of paper. He knew that they were still alive so he used [Crimson Moon] skill to completely kill them.

It was at this moment when he heard the system prompts in his head.

"Come here..."

He grabbed one of the people on the neck. This person was the only one he left alive. Souta didn't need to know the truth from this man as he already interrogated the individual that he killed before. He only needed the knowledge of this man, he's the witness that Gregory sent these people after him. So when he attacked someone from the Vidrato family he had a good reason for it.

"Just fall asleep," Souta said as he knocked out the man. He will protect this person and used him to pressure the Vidrato family.

He then heard a voice behind him.

"I didn't think that he will send out his people to attack despite all the things that I've said to him," Lumilia said as she looked at the man that was in Souta's arms.

"Hmm...? Can you tell me more about that?" Souta looked at her and asked. It seems that she's the reason why the Vidrato family knew about him being a student of the Ladro Institute.

"Okay..." Lumilia nodded at him and she began to narrate what happened in the meeting room.

Souta just listened to her story until the patrolling knights arrived in the scene.

"I see... I appreciate your help." Souta said as he thanked her. He and Lumilia turned their heads when they heard several footsteps.

They found that some of the knights approached them. The knights asked Souta various questions and Souta cooperated with them. While these knights were asking Souta some questions, some of the knights were cleaning the scene.

The knights took the man from him. Souta didn't say anything as he let them took the man. He already has a plan to take back that man before he departed.

Souta shook his head and looked at Yuko. "Come here, Yuko!"

Yuko run towards him when he mentioned her name. She stuck out her tongue and licked his cheeks.

"Good job, good job, that's my girl." Souta hugged her in return and used the [Light Heal] spell to close some of her wounds.

"Um..." Lumilia looks like she wanted to say something.

Souta turned his head to the side to look at Lumilia. He smiled and asked, "What is it? Have you made your deci-" Souta didn't manage to complete his sentence as Yuko moved her huge body and blocked his vision.

"Oi! Yuko! We're talking here. Just sit here for a while." Souta looked at Yuko and said while pointing at his side.

"Mu." Yuko dropped her shoulders when Souta raised his voice. She quietly sat at the spot that Souta pointed.