Chapter 62 - Into the Dungeon

Souta was surprised when he received a quest.

[Gathering]: Help Lumilia's group in acquiring the Mystical Light Cherry. Rewards: 20,000 exp, 10 free attribute points, 5 skill points.

'Five skill points...!' Souta was surprised to see 5 skill points as rewards. The difficulty of this quest was clearly higher than all the quest that he did before.

He turned his head and looked at Lumilia's group. He wondered if he should accept the quest or not.

Accepting the quest means that he wouldn't acquire the Mystical Light Cherry, but he would get five skill points. That's a lot of skill points.

"Okay, I'll help you but first you have to help me first." Souta nodded at them and stated his condition. If he hadn't asked them anything in return then they would grow suspicious of him.

"Thanks for accepting our selfish request, but I have a question," Fred said politely.

"Do tell me," Souta said in response to him.

"How should we help you?" Fred asked carefully.

"Hmm... We will enter the dungeon later and just protect Cluster." Souta said as he rubbed his chin.

"Is that all?" Fred took a glance at Cluster and asked Souta.

"Yeah, Bryan and I will become too busy in fighting so we need someone to protect Cluster."

"Then, I'm curious about this Red Fur Bear."

"Ah! Her? She's Yuko, my partner! Yuko say hi to them!"

"Mu."

...

Souta turned his head and looked at Bryan. Bryan was looking on the ground while his fists clenched tightly.

Souta approached him and patted his back. He said, "Don't worry about it, I'm just testing you if you're going to change your perspective in life. But don't worry, that okay, just do what you think is right."

Souta left after he said those words to Bryan.

Yuko looked at Bryan before she followed Souta.

Cluster lifted up her head and looked at Yuko and Souta's back. Then, she turned her head and looked at Bryan.

...

Souta talked about the detailed information of the Mystical Light Cherry to Lumilia.

Souta, Lumilia, Fred, and Jusmin were around the Map of the Desolate Woods. They were looking at the map with a serious expression.

"Where is the exact place of the fruit?" Souta asked.

"We don't know the exact place but the fruit was said to be seen in this part," Lumilia said as she drew a circle in small part of the northern woods.

Souta looked at the map with a scrutinizing gaze. After a few moments, he opened his mouth and said, "We should go around this part to avoid the nest Titan Hornets. We shouldn't use our energy in fighting these monsters as we need to fight the other people that came here for the fruit."

"Other people?" Lumilia looked at Souta.

"Huh? Do you think that you're the only one who came here for the fruit? There are people who came here with the same reason as you. They are competitors. We have to fight and defeat them if you want to get the Mystical Light Cherry." Souta said in a cold tone.

"...yeah." Lumilia lowered her head and nodded.

Souta guessed that Lumilia didn't know anything at all. She just came here because she heard about the Mystical Light Cherry. She didn't even bring knights in her quest like the other nobles that came here.