Chapter 175 - Going Outside

"You're a B-rank adventurer so you could go toe to toe to some monsters with a monster orb. You will handle that monster while I'll handle the tamer." Souta said to the guild master.

He knew that the guild master was a B-rank adventurer. The prerequisite requirement to become a branch guild master was to have the power of a B-rank. That's the minimum power level if one wanted to become a guild master.

"Can I trust you?" The guild master asked Souta with a serious expression. He still didn't know if he could trust Souta or not.

"You don't have a choice but to trust me or else this dukedom will fall," Souta said as he shrugged his shoulder.

The power of the B-rank adventurer was important for this mission. If Souta wanted to take down the tamer then he needed to have at least one B-rank beside him to hold that monsters.

Souta knew that the guild master wasn't a match to a monster that undergo fourth evolution. That's why he planned to disrupt the evolution. No, even at the current power of that monster the guild master still didn't have a chance to defeat it.

A single B-rank wasn't enough to defeat a monster at the peak of the third evolution. In the game, the third evolution monster was between level 40 - 60. So defeating it was impossible for a mere B-rank. They needed at least a party of B-rank to defeat a monster at the middle level of third evolution, and three parties consisted of B-rank to defeat a monster at the peak of third evolution.

A single A-rank was needed to fight this level of monsters. But it still wasn't enough to defeat it. Well, it all depends on the skills of the adventurers and the type of monster.

But from the guild master's story, it seems that he already fought this monster before when he got captured. The power of the guild master must be between B-rank and A-rank.

Looking back at that monster in the bas.e.m.e.nt, Souta thought that the monster didn't show its true prowess to the guild master.

Well, the guild master was clearly at a disadvantage at that time and the tamer must have launched a surprised attack to injured the guild master.

"I understand. I'll fight that monster." The guild master nodded his head.

"You'll fight that monster while I'm going to fight the tamer. I wanted to see his taming skills and compared it to mine." Souta said.

Judging from the guild master's current condition, Souta thought that the guild master could only fight that monster for ten minutes. He also considered that the monsters in the basement weren't at its peak because they would disrupt its evolution. These ten minutes were enough for Souta to handle the tamer.

Suddenly, Souta heard footsteps that disrupted his thoughts. The guild master and Yuko also heard it.

"I'm wondering where are the guys that will silence us but now they are here," Souta said as he smiled as he looked at the hallway.

"Those dark vine eaters from the back?" The guild master looked at the back. The two dark vine eater were eating the corpses of the prisoners. These emerged at the same time with the dark vine eater that Yuko killed.

"Kill them. And I'll handle these people." Souta said before he stepped forward and pulled out his sword. His shadows spread out and it covered the entire floor.

After a few moments, a group of guards appeared in Souta's vision. At the same time, the shadows on the floor burst out and bound the guards with high speed.

The guards didn't expect this at all. They thought that the prisoners were inside their cells.

"Is that it? The tamer really asked these weak people to silence me and the guild master." Souta muttered as he slowly approached the guards. He was doubtful if these people were really in cahoots with the tamer.