Chapter 60 - Meeting Lumilia

"N-Nononono!" Ransen, the young noble, looked at Carmilla and Julius with fear in his eyes. He fell down on his back as he kept repeating the same word. There's not a hint of arrogance in his presence enemy, it was instead replaced by fear.

Beside him were the corpses of his proud knights. All the powerful-looking knights were now lying on the pool of blood without any signs of life.

"Ah~ God! Please forgive these sinful people! The Supreme God loves all the creatures equally!" Julius said as he put his palm together and looked in the starry sky.

"Tsk! Don't mind that idiot!" Carmilla clicked her tongue while looking at Julius in annoyance. "Do you know that we wouldn't even bother insects like you if you didn't attack us? It's all your fault that your knights died and also your fault that you will die. Anyone who goes against the Supreme God will die. And going against us is equivalent to that, so it means that no matter what you say today I will not let you live."

"Nonononono, please forgive me! I will do anything that you want! Just don't kill me!" Ransen pressed his forehead on the ground as he begged Carmilla to spare him.

"Actually, I can see it in your eyes before that you have the intention to kill us. You can't hide those things to us, the representatives of the God's Will, as we are sensitive to any malicious things." Carmilla slowly walked towards Ransen. "If you didn't show that intent to kill maybe your knights were still alive right now."

"Please, I will not do it again!" Ransen begged for his life until the end. Tears and snots were flowing down on his face. There's not a hint of noble demeanor in his presence.

"Goodbye, and may God guide your poor soul," Carmilla said as she raised her hand and her nails grew sharper. She swung it down on Ransen's neck.

Putchi!

...

Souta's group was heading towards the dungeon in the eastern part of the inner woods.

While they were walking, Souta noticed that Yuko's ears kept twitching. He carefully glanced at his surroundings and noticed that someone was following them behind. That person was silently following them above the trees.

Souta looked at Bryan and Cluster before he said, "Bryan, Cluster. Someone is following us."

"Wh-" Bryan was about asked when Souta interrupted him.

"Don't shout or else that person will notice that we knew about its presence," Souta said as he narrowed his eyes at Bryan.

"O-Okay." Bryan nodded at him.

Swoosh!!

Suddenly, the person that was following him disappeared.

"Hmm...? It seems that he already left." Souta said while looking at the position of that person before he/she disappeared.

"Eh! That person is already gone?" Bryan look surprised.

"Yeah, maybe that individual noticed our strange behavior. No, it should be your strange behavior Bryan." Souta said.

"Eh! Why?"

"You shouldn't look at that person's location repeatedly as it will give that person our plan." Souta explained to Bryan.

"Okay, I get it now." Bryan nodded.

Souta then looked at Cluster and asked, "Do you know how to fight?"

Cluster shook her head in denial.

"I understand. Don't worry if something happens Bryan will protect you." Souta said as he assured her. Cluster was physically fitted. Her stats were quite high but the only problem was that she doesn't know how to defend herself, that's why she could only run when those people chased her before.