Chapter 169 - You're under arrest!

Souta wondered where are the people that living here in this mansion. He hasn't seen anyone here in this place. In fact, Souta hasn't encountered a single person.

The wife and the children were all gone.

"So, the question is where are they?" Souta muttered as he rubbed his chin. He turned his head and looked outside through the window.

"Did the guards knew that the duke's family were gone?"

Souta looked down at his sword and asked, "What is it? Did you guess the reason behind this?"

'Um... I'm not sure but...' Saya said.

"But, what?" Souta looked at the sword with a questioning gaze.

'You have to see it for yourself. There's one place that you haven't check yet. And that is the basement where the maid saw the duke's wife eating her roommate.' Saya said to him.

"Okay, I'll go there. Also just spit out what you have in your mind." Souta nodded and sighed as he walked towards the door.

'If I'm right, then this case is worse than you thought. Only if I'm right.' Saya's voice sounded in his mind.

Souta raised his hand and fixed the position of his mask. He carefully hid his mana inside his body so that no one could detect him. The guards here weren't strong enough to sense him. Only people with special abilities like Lynn could detect his presence.

"That girl, Lynn. Maybe I could bring her to my party. If she could enhance her ability then she would be able to help me in my future quest." Souta muttered as he walked towards the basement.

Lynn's sense was unusually high. Back in the special test, she pinpointed the one who casted the tier 2 spell. If she knew some sensory spell and combat arts, she would become a great sensory type mage.

She would become a great asset to him if she managed to improve her abilities. A radar that could detect anyone could bring huge benefits when the war comes.

If Souta wasn't wrong the pope of the True God's Holy Kingdom was a sensory type mage. He could sense anyone within the radius of ten thousand kilometers around him.

If Cluster was really a part of the True God's Holy Kingdom, it's hard to imagine how she managed to escape from the pope's surveillance. Cluster possessed a power that was unknown to him, Souta thought that she used it to escape from the pope.

'If it's that girl. I'm sure that she wouldn't decline you. I think that she will be happy if you invited her to your party.' Saya said to him.

"I'll try it later."

...

Souta arrived in front of the stairs. The stairs were heading to the underground basement of the mansion. Darkness covered everything in the basement.

Just by standing in front of it, Souta could already feel the ominous aura in this place. The pressure that this place was giving to him was unreal.

"This energy and this pressure..." Souta muttered with a surprised expression. He couldn't believe it. He felt being pressured even though he was standing on the outside.

'Cast your buff spell... It's useless to use mana inside. You wouldn't be able to cast it once you step inside the place.' Saya said to him.

"That's a good idea." Souta nodded and he started to cast all the buff spells and combat arts that he knew.

[Agility Boost]!

[Strength Boost]!

[Triple Muscle Strengthening]!