Chapter 89 - Yujin vs Yuriko

Yujin slowly raised his sword while observing his opponent's movements. He knew that this fight wasn't going to be that easy. But he didn't have to defeat his opponent this time. He just needed to stall her for a few minutes. If that's all he had to do then it's not a problem to him.

He narrowed his eyes as a fierce aura burst out of his body. His sword was clad in blueish energy called mana.

Yuriko also pulled out the sword that was hanging on her waist. She looked at him and said, "You have a good form. There are really a lot of interesting people in this class. First, is that Souta, then that noisy Bryan. And lastly you... Are you going to show me a combat style that doesn't suit your class?"

"Yeah, those two are insanely strong but why would you include me in them?" Yujin asked.

"Why you say?" Yuriko placed a finger on her lower lips. "It's because your not a typical mage like the rest of your class. You can see it in the upper classes that the one who holds the power is the one who fought differently from their class."

"I understand that. Then, what about you?" Yujin asked. He knew what he was doing he's trying to stall time by talking to Yuriko.

"You will know it once we exchange swords." Yuriko smiled widely at him. "Do you think that I didn't know what you're trying to do here?"

Yujin smiled wryly at this. To think that Yuriko noticed what he's trying to do. Then, there's no other choice but to stop her through force. He gripped his sword tightly and prepared himself.

"Here I come. Try to stop me as much as you can." Yuriko said before she dashed towards Yujin.

Swoosh!!

[Burning Blade]!

[Power Boost]!

[Speed Limit]!

Yujin quickly casted his buff spell on himself. [Power Boost] increased his overall strength and [Speed Limit] increased his speed and flexibility.

Flames emerged and it coated his sword. This was the [Burning Blade] spell. It was another buff spell that will add burning damage to his basic attack.

Yuriko arrived in front of him. She smirked as she swung her sword.

Yujin raised his sword and blocked her swing.

Clang!!

"What a good spell you have there." Yuriko smiled at him. She used her mana and poured it in her sword.

Yujin frowned and he pushed his sword.

Shiing!!

He then slashed it at her.

Clang!!

Clang!!

Clang!!

The two exchanged swords and every time their sword collided sparks flew out.

Clang!!

Clang!!

Clang!!

They continued to swing their swords for a whole minute and Yujin felt that every second Yuriko was pushing him. He knew that he was at a disadvantage when it comes to pure sword skill.

Small cuts started to appear on his body as he couldn't block all of her attacks. He was now focusing on blocking all of her attacks without having a chance to fight back.

Clang!

Clang!

Clang!

"Haha, how is it?" Yuriko laughed while slashing her sword at the same time.