Chapter 40 - Affinities (1)

"Will you believe me if I told you that magic is real, Souta?"

"I won't... if I see it with my own eyes then I would believe it, grandpa!"

"Earth is too brittle and feeble. The things here were too fragile and weak. It's easy to break them. So using magic in this world could even destroy a whole city and that was just a tier 1 spell."

"What are you saying, grandpa? Does magic really exist?"

"Hmm... I won't tell you, just remember everything that I said and you will understand it one day."

"Okay, grandpa!"

"If a two tier-2 spell user fought here in this world then they would destroy the whole continent of Asia. That's how brittle this world is. You know a tier 2 spell user is not even that powerful. The energy here is too thin that's why this world isn't as strong as any other world. If you used an ordinary [Fire Ball] spell here it will burn all the surrounding houses here. The energy and heat coming from it are too strong for this world. I think even a slime would do a massacre in this world as there is no weapon that could stop it except the nuclear bomb."

"Then, grandpa what level is powerful to you?"

"That's a good question, I think it will be the level of Amaterasu and Susanoo. Their level would be considered god-like here as they could easily destroy this world."

"But grandpa they are really a God. I've learned it in school."

"Hoho it seems that you're studying well."

"Of course grandpa, I'm listening well to my teacher."

...

Souta woke up with sweat forming on his forehead. He felt that he dreamed something important but he couldn't recall it.

Lately, he kept having a dream and that dream was important for him. He would understand why he was here in this world or how did he come in this world. Unfortunately, he couldn't remember it as soon as he woke up.

"It would answer all my questions once I remember my dream," Souta muttered to himself. He shook his head and put those thoughts in the back of his head.

He stood up and prepared himself for the class. He went to the bathroom and washed his face before he wore his uniform.

He went downstairs and ordered a meal for his breakfast.

"That uniform...?" The waitress was surprised to see him wearing the uniform of the Ladro Institute.

"Looks good on me, right? I've passed the examination so I'm a student at Ladro Institute." Souta laughed at her reaction.

"I'm surprised..." The waitress muttered.

"The same as always," Souta said with a smile on his face.

"Good luck on your studies." The waitress said to him.

"I will." Souta nodded his head.

After that, Souta left the inn and went to Yuko. He fed her some foods before he went straight to the institute.

...

Souta was on his way to the institute when he met Bryan.

"Oi! Souta!"

Souta turned around and saw Bryan running towards him. "Good morning!" He greeted Bryan. He then said, "You're up early, huh?"

"Of course, I would always wake up before the sunrise." Bryan patted his chest feeling proud.

"I see, I forgot that you're an adventurer. An adventurer always woke up early and do various jobs so that they can earn more money." Souta said as he walked forward.