Chapter 157 - Courage

Clang! Clang! Clang!

Metallic loud sounds echoed in the whole area as two figures were clashing against each other. Sparks flew everywhere every time their weapons collided.

Both of the fighters were armed with metallic gauntlet and gloves.

Bargan, Bryan, Lumilia, and Alice were on the corner of the training ground watching both fighters clashed against each other.

Clang! Clang! Clang!

Souta swiftly moved his body from side to side. He was one of the two fighters in the center.

He stepped forward and threw a powerful punch.

Swoosh!

His opponent was a very agile woman. She had a flexible body and good reflexes that put Souta down several times. She was the Vice President of the Souta's fan Union club, Jeanne Livenest.

Jeanne clenched her first and she also threw her punch towards Souta. She wasn't at Souta's body, she was just using her punch to block all of Souta's attack. Using her attack as a defense and it was very effective.

Both of their fists collided and it caused a powerful gust of wind.

Souta knitted his eyebrows as he was pushed back. He felt that both of his arms were going to snap if he continued doing this.

A huge shadow covered Jeanne's body. Jeanne looked up and saw Yuko above her. She quickly moved her body to the side and Yuko slammed the ground with her huge body.

Bang!

Jeanne pulled back both of her fists as she appeared in front of Yuko. She launched powerful punches causing Yuko to flew and crashed on the ground leaving a trail of smoke from behind.

Looking at this, Souta raised both of his hands in the air and said, "I've lost. Your strength is more than I could handle."

Jeanne was a paraponera, a demi famous for their powerful raw strength. He was no way to match her brute strength with his current stats. Although he knew that he wasn't Jeanne's match, he still couldn't believe that she was stronger than he imagined.

She could overwhelm him just by using her raw strength. He and Yuko wouldn't stand a chance against Jeanne.

"No, it's my pleasure to accompany you in your training," Jeanne said. She then smiled and praised him. "Still, I think that your strength is very impressive. I wouldn't be that long before you catch up to me."

"That's right, your strength is enough to defeat most of the second-year students in this institute. I personally think that you would be able to rank in the top 20 of the second year." Bargan stepped forward and said. It wasn't that long since Souta enrolled in the institute. He personally saw the tremendous improvement of Souta's strength with his own eyes.

"I see..." Souta nodded his head and he looked at his palm. Without using the [Vajra Sword Saya], it was hard to match the higher students of the Ladro Institute.

"Since you've used your points to hire me to personally instruct you, I will teach you some skills to improve your taming ability," Bargan said to him.

Souta lifted up his head and looked at Bargan when he heard Bargan's words.

"Taming ability?" Souta asked.

"Yes, I'll impart you some of my skills." Bargan nodded at him.

"Damn! I want to have a pet too." Bryan said with a hint of jealousy. He didn't have a pet so this skill was useless to him.

Souta asked the institute to let Yuko enter the school ground and the institute agreed to it. Well, they wouldn't decline Souta's request because they knew that Souta's pet, the Red Fur Bear, was part of his strength. It would be a waste if he didn't train his taming ability.