Chapter 31 - As long as they are breathing it's still passable

Souta, Jack, and the rest were in front of the pathway that leads to the underground base.

"Shall we go now?" Asked Jack.

"Let's go!" Souta nodded at him and the rest of the adventurers also nodded.

"Good luck! I hope you return well." The village chief said with a nervous expression. He and Yuko would wait here outside.

"Well, I wouldn't return if I don't finish it." Souta shrugged his shoulder and he walked downstairs.

"Let's go!" Jack said to the rest of the adventurers and they followed Souta.

The village chief and Yuko looked at their back with a worried expression.

...

They reached the underground and there was a split in the road. The corridor on the left was open, and the one on the right was close. A lock wooden door was blocking their way.

Before, Souta went straight to the left road, but now that he came here to subdue the host of the Vajra Sword, he would take the road on the right.

"Where should we go?" Jack asked Souta. He asked Souta because he knew that Souta came here before.

"Here." Souta pointed at the locked wooden door.

"Let me do it." One of the adventurers stepped forward. He was the one expert in this kind of situation. He was a scout and was an expert in opening a lock. With his skills, he could detect some traps.

Souta made a way for the adventurer. He just watched the man opened the lock in just a few seconds.

"Good job!" Jack said.

"Don't worry about it! That's not a problem for me!" The scout said.

"Good." Souta nodded and stepped inside.

Perhaps it was their imagination, but once they entered the corridor, it felt like someone was observing them.

The atmosphere here was clearly different from the other corridor. A chilly wind would sometimes caress their faces.

'This atmosphere? It felt like I enter a mid-level dungeon...' Souta thought. But only he knew that the strength of the abnormal people was far enough to become a mid-level dungeon.

They walked for a half minute before red letters started surfacing around them.

"I'm warning you! Don't come here!"

"I don't want to kill you!"

"We don't want to kill someone!"

"It's not us! It's a demon!"

"You should go back now!"

"I know, you also want to become like us, don't you?"

Some of the words appeared on the walls, some were on the ceiling, and some were on the floor.

Souta stopped when the red words appeared. He looked around and read the words.

'The abnormal people are warning us.' Souta thought. This scenario wasn't in the game at all. Ever since he came here in Bullmar village, he discovered many things that can't be found in the game.

"What's wrong with this?"

"Are they warning us?"

The adventurers started to discuss among themselves. The red words spooked them but as an adventurer, they have their own fair of experience. They quickly regained their composure.

"Let's go!" Souta shook his head and he continued to walk straight not minding the red words around him.

Then, words appeared in front of him saying "You'll regret coming here in this place".