Chapter 56 - Saving the damsel

Start from the beginning

Swoosh!!

"Wha-" The group of hooded people was shocked. They found the Bryan was already gone. They slowly turned their head behind them and saw that Bryan was already standing there with his back towards them.

Crackle!!

Suddenly, they felt pain all over their body.

"Ahh!!"

They groaned as they found that they couldn't move at all. Their consciousness was fading slowly as their vision began to blur.

They gritted their teeth and was preparing to attack Bryan but he was already gone.

Crackle!!

"Ahh!!"

They screamed as they fell down and lose consciousness.

...

"[Lightning Boots]..." Souta muttered in a low voice. This spell was more effective in raising the agility and dexterity attribute than his [Agility Boost] spell. He could see it that those people could barely react to Bryan's speed. This was the first time he saw Bryan used a magic spell. Bryan always used combat arts before so Souta doesn't have any idea what type of mage Bryan is.

[Lightnight Edge] also wasn't an ordinary spell. It's a powerful spell that has high damage and could paralyze the target. It was perfect for subduing the target's alive.

"It seems that Bryan is going to the path of Battle Mage..." He patted his clothes and walked towards Bryan.

...

Bryan looked at the green-haired girl that looks like 13 years old girl. He smiled and asked, "Are you okay?"

"...um." The green-haired girl didn't know what to say.

Bryan turned his head and looked at Yuko. It seems that she was done in her business too. He turned back his head to the green-haired girl.

Bryan smiled gently and said, "Don't worry, I won't harm you. I'm just here to help you."

"...why?" A simple question escaped out of the green-haired girl's mouth.

"Um... I say do I need a reason to help other people." Bryan said gently.

"Cough... Cough..." Souta coughed when he heard those cringy words. Those words made him shiver. 'What the hell?! Is he some kind of real-life hero?!' He thought.

Bryan turned his head and saw Souta. "What's wrong, Souta? Did you catch a cold here?" He asked when he saw him coughing.

"N-Nothing..." Souta shook his head.

He then focused his attention on the green-haired girl. He narrowed his eyes while looking at her green color pupils.

"...um." The green-haired girl subconsciously took a step back.

"Oi Souta! Don't scare her." Bryan said to Souta when he saw the green-haired girl getting scared.

"You're too kind." Souta sighed and he turned around. He saw that Yuko was already behind him. He reached out his hand and patted her head. "Good job, Yuko."

Bryan squatted down and asked the girl. "How many people are chasing after you?"

The green-haired girl shook her head.

Souta joined them. "Then, why are they chasing after you?"

The girl lowered her head as she didn't dare to meet his eyes.

"Hmm..." Souta narrowed his eyes. It seems that the girl knew why those people were after her. She just doesn't want to answer him as there was a chance that he will get involved in her affairs.