Chapter 107: Befana

"Are you ready for the party Marinette?" Tikki asked as she zipped around the designer's room. The reason she's so excited is because Marinette's class is holding a party to congratulate Marinette and Kitty Section for their debut.

Folding the last article of clothing, Marinette replied happily, "Yep!" Getting up from her spot on the floor, Marinette makes her way onto her balcony. "You know Marinette, I think this day is really special. So special in fact that I've decided to perform a ritual that we kwami's perform on special occasions."

Marinette looked at Tikki curiously. "Really? What?" Tikki smiles. "Well, honestly, I was going to wait until your birthday, but I just can't help myself, I'm just so proud of you." Momentarily surprised, Mariette then smiled. "Aww, Tiki that's so sweet. So, what exactly is it?"

"Sit down and I'll show you!" Marinette sits down and watches as Tikki hums a sweet song while dancing before flying higher into the air, spinning rapidly, and then vomiting a glowing pink liquid right into Marinette's hands. A shiver of disgust goes down Marinette's stiffened spine.

"Miraculous Congratulations, Marinette!" Tikki cheered, some of the liquid dripping down her chin. She then frowns when she notices the expression on her holder's face, which is a mix of shock and disgust.

Tiki's expression drops as she senses disappointment. "Oh no, you don't like it, do you?" Marinette panics and compliments the gift. "Yes! Yes, I love it! It's amazing... It's a... Uhhh, what is it?" She asks, looking back at Tikki with confusion."

Perking up, Tikki excitedly explains. "A Kwagatama. A great symbol of friendship among us Kwamis. We take a hair from our Miraculous holder and join it to the hairs of all the former Miraculous holders. And with them, we grow a magic resin for a few months and then it becomes this magical, unbreakable charm! Now as long as you're wearing it, the following will happen—"

"Firstly, the charm will glow in the presence of incoming danger and detect evil magic, and secondly, as long as you're wearing it, you can communicate telepathically over long distances, even when transformed—"

"Wha...really?!" Marinette asked excitedly. "Yep, all you need to say is "Link Kwagatama" and when you want to stop the connection, you say "Sever Kwagatama." It's that simple." Tikki suddenly looks at Marinette intensely. "But I should warn you, as long as that link is on, I will be able to hear every single thought that goes through your head. And I mean everything."

Marinette stared at her blankly before her eyes widened when it hit her that Tikki must've heard some...unfavorable things due to her holder forgetting to sever the link.

Marinette feels mortified and makes a mental note to always disconnect the link when she finishes talking to her Kwami. The Poor Kwami already had to endure her non-stop gushing about Adrien. And she has no doubts that if Tikki had read some of her thoughts, she would lose so much respect for her.

"So, is there anything else the Kwagatama can do?" She asked, changing the subject. "Yes. Due to the Kwagatama being mixed with the hair of the past Miraculous Holders of the Ladybug, you will be able to talk to them." Tikki explained.

Her jaw dropped, and Marinette stood up. "Are you saying that I'll be able to talk to the previous holders with this thing?!" Tikki excitedly nodded her head. "Yes, siree!" Marinette looks down at the charm, inspecting it with awe. "Wow!"

She looks up at Tiki again "One question, how do I do that? Do I say a phrase or..." Tikki nodded. "Yes, you do. All you need is a symbol of the Order of The Guardians tied to a holder and of your miraculous then say, "Reunion." Pretty neat huh?" Tikki smugly inquired. "Definitely." Marinette agreed.