Chapter 30: Alone Together

Blake sighs as she looks up at the night sky while leaning against the railing on the balcony of the Belladonna Family Home.

But her peaceful time was ruined when Sun yelled out, "Hey Blake! You ready to go?"

"Be right there!"

Blake hands moved across the railing and in doing so her hand moved up against a small note that was strategically taped to the railing.

The cat Faunus looks around before she grabs the note and opens it.

B

Things going too far.

Not sure what to do.

Find a quiet spot,

I'll find you.

Come alone. Please.

-I

Blake looks around again before hearing the sliding door open.

She quickly places the note in her coat and looks to see who was coming out.

And to no surprise it was Sun.

"We going recruiting or what? We've got the entire nocturnal section to hit up!" He stated but then he noticed the concern look on her face.

"You okay?"

"Yeah, I'll meet you there. I need to take care of something first." With that Blake walks back inside.

And as she walks away, there is a quiet sound of rustling in the trees behind her.

After leaving her house, Blake walks through an alleyway in town that was dead silent.

"Ilia?"

"I'm here." Ilia replied.

Upon hearing her voice, Blake draws Gambol Shroud.

Ilia slowly walks out from the shadows with her hands up and drops her black camouflage.

"Ilia, I know you're scared, but you don't have to be. My family and I, we can keep you safe." Blake promised.

Ilia gives Blake a dejected look before turning her eyes away from her. "I'm sorry."

"You can make it up to me by helping us stop Corsac and Fennec." Blake stated.

"No." Ilia looks back at her with a hostile look and an equally hostile tone. "I'm sorry."

Ilia's right-hand curls up into a fist. Footsteps can be heard running on the rooftop next to them. Blake gasps and looks up and sees Yuma flying down.

Blake tried to run but all that did was make the bat Faunus land on her back, forcing her to the ground.

Blake drops Gambol Shroud which lands at Ilia's feet. Blake gasps, regaining her breath and struggles to get up as Yuma presses his foot against her back harder. He gets off her as four more Faunus join him.

One was a female with blue eyes and medium length blue hair covering her right eye. She has pale skin and gray veins on her chest and arms that lead to her gray hands.

She wears a black and dark gray uniform with gold buttons and zipper like the rest of her teammates, but unlike her male teammates, her front zipper is left open, revealing her upper chest.

The other three were all male and were wearing the same uniform as Yuma.

The first one was a dark-skinned male with dark brown eyes, scale like plating that was a darker shade of brown and were on his cheeks and forearms.