Chapter 17: Facing Our Fears

"Nice going, Miss Producer, now we have no lead again!" Nino said in annoyance.

"Yeah, but now we've just gotten rid of Chloé!" Marinette said happily.

Walking over to her, Nino looked her in the eye and asked, "And now what?"

"We go find Mylène! She's here somewhere!" Marinette stated.

"I told you. Tick tock, there's no time, we need a lead now!" Nino proclaimed.

It was at that moment that Alya got an idea and walked in between them. "Marinette can do it."

"What?! No! I can't act. I'm...the producer." Alya turns Marinette around so they could have a private conversation and whispered.

"But you wanna kiss Adrien, don't you?"

Marinette glances at Adrien who was letting Juleka apply more makeup.

She then turns back to Alya and said, "Yes, but not like this."

"Then you're ok with Chloé taking the role and kissing Adrien instead?" Alya asked with a smirk.

Being reminded of that fact finally made Marinette cave. "Fine, I'll do it!"

"Awesome! Review the script and we'll get started in a few minutes." Nino stated.

Outside the classroom Chloé and her posse where walking across the courtyard.

"A nurse's uniform, how brilliant am I? Even that dimwit Marinette, liked the idea."

But they were so busy with their goal that neither notice watching them and let out a roar as she went off to wreak havoc onto the whole school.

Back in the classroom Marinette went to sit in her desk and wait for everything to get started since she had already read the script.

"I'm only doing this as a favor, you know. As soon as Mylène comes back, she'll have her old role back." Marinette said to Alya.

Alya smiles smugly at her friend. "Of course, she will, chill out. After tonight, you'll finally have kissed Adrien." Using her hand, she raised her friend's head to look up at Adrien who was still getting his makeup touched up.

Letting out a small squeal Marinette hides her face behind the script while Alya chuckles at her friend's embarrassment.

Getting up, Alya went off to do her own thing and meanwhile Juleka had made Adrien turn around at a different angle so she could make sure that his makeup was perfect.

Marinette looks at Adrien with a dreamy look in her eyes and sighs, completely lovestruck.

Standing up, the designer walked down the stairs, stands right in front of Adrien, and begins to stare at him.

Her jaw dropped to the floor; Marinette lets out another lovestruck sigh.

She cannot believe how beautiful he looks right now.

Both Damian and Nathaniel who were right behind her leaned to the side to look around her before looking at each other in discomfort.

Sure, Nathaniel may understand what it's like to have a crush on someone but even he thinks this is a little wrong.

And he has a habit to draw her in his notebook?!

Furthermore, Ruby had taken notice of what Marinette was doing and was just as uncomfortable as them.

"What the hell?" She muttered under her breath.

"Hold this Alya." Ruby said handing the microphone to the reporter and made her way over to Marinette, grabbed her as she walked by and dragged her out of the room.