Chapter 67: Dark Owl

Making his way to the Place des Vosges, Mr. Damocles tried to jump over the gate that was about knee level, but he ended up falling onto the ground.

Meanwhile in the center, people were watching the act and thankfully Red had the foresight to tell people that they are putting on a play and that there would be no reason to panic.

Seeing him, Red quickly went to hide in a tree and gave Robin a thumbs up.

Robin groaned in annoyance but sighed as he gets into character. "Give up, Ladybug and Chat Noir, I evil Cardboard Boy have taken your Miraculouses! No one can save you now!" He proclaimed and closed the jewelry box that were holding the fake miraculous.

Ladybug gasps and covered her ears. "Oh no, my earrings!"

Chat Noir covered his ring finger as well. "Oh darn, we're done!"

Flapping his cape, Mr. Damocles jumps over a bench and surprisingly managed to successfully jump on top of it. "Hoo-hoo!"

"Owl!" Ladybug, Chat Noir, and Cardboard Boy exclaimed in sync.

"Owl Talons! Hoo-hoo!" Mr. Damocles exclaimed as he tries to subdue Cardboard Boy with his grappling hook.

Unfortunately, the hook not only missed Cardboard boy by a longshot, but it bounced off a lamppost, and then ricocheted off the carousel twice before soaring through the air and ending up snagging itself onto the back of a garbage truck that so happened to be passing by at that very second.

Which drags him towards the fence with his cape in his face.

Ladybug and Chat Noir gasp in shock and Red just winced, "Ooh." She then flinches again when he slammed into a trashcan.

Thankfully, the string of the toy grappling hook finally snapped and now Mr. Damocles were laying on the floor as people around him took pictures.

The heroes immediately rush over to him to see if he was ok.

"Mr. Damocles, is everything okay? You're not hurt, are you?" Ladybug asked as she goes down to her knees and held out her hand towards him.

Rising up, Mr. Damocles denied Ladybug's claim. "I am not Mr. Damocles! I am The Owl!" He then does his pose which made him realize that everyone is still snapping pictures of him and probably heard Ladybug reveal his true identity.

He looked at her completely heartbroken. "You've revealed my secret identity!" He said dejectedly before he started to cry.

"We're sorry Mr... Owl. We didn't mean to!" Ladybug apologized.

"Don't take it the wrong way!" Chat said, regretful at the turn of events as well.

Mr. Damocles looks at them for a moment before he noticed the cameras and tried to shield his face as he runs away crying.

But as he tries to make his escape he trips onto a bench, which causes people to laugh at him.

Sighing, Robin shadow phases out of the ridiculous costume and reappeared right behind it.

"Well, that was a complete waste of time." He proclaimed.

Which earned him getting smacked upside the head. "Robin, you can be a little sympathetic." Ruby scolded.

"This is me being sympathetic, this entire plan was a bust and Damocles ended up getting hurt by his own tomfoolery like I said he would. Besides, while it is harsh this most likely will stop him from being the Owl."

"He has a point, but quite frankly, all I'm hoping for is that no one hears about this." Chat Noir proclaimed.

Sighing in displeasure, Ladybug picks up the fake miraculous and cardboard costume and went home.