Chapter 65: To be a Hero

Nathaniel hums as he draws in his notebook while in the park, sitting on a bench.

But him expressing his artistic skills were put on hold when someone suddenly came up from behind him and wrapped their arms around his neck.

"Nathanielkins!"

The metaphorical record scratch went off in the artist's head as he not only realized that it was Chloé but that she had gave him a nickname very similar to Adrien's nickname.

He looks at the blonde, who was now draped behind him in shock. "Chloé!? What are you doing here?"

The blonde smiles smugly at him. "I got bored and needed some fresh air. And as Jean-Pascal was driving past the park I saw you and decided to spend time with you."

She then looks down at his notebook with genuine curiosity. "What are you drawing?"

She then saw that it was a comic book drawing of Evillustrator fighting alongside the Miraculous Duo and Gotham Heroes to defeat Volpina.

"Oh, I'm drawing heroes, right now they're fighting off Volpina, who had become akumatized for lying about being a superhero...again." Nathaniel answered, still a little put off by the nickname.

Chloé scoffs before smirking knowingly and asked in a smug tone. "Damian and Ruby told you the truth about Rossi?"

Scoffing, Nathaniel gave Chloé an affronted look that she would even insinuate that he was gullible enough to believe one word that came out of that girl's filthy mouth.

"Please, I knew from the start that sausage haired menace was spouting nothing but bullshit. Especially since one of the first things she said to me was that she's friends with Bob Kane and could put in a good word for me."

Chloé looks at him in disbelief and raises an eyebrow. "As in the guy who created the Knightowl comics? Didn't he like...die in 1998?"

"Exactly, that girl can't even get her facts straight. I found it insulting that most of our class minus a few believed her lies off the bat. I mean, sure our school has exceptional kids but even what she was saying was far fetch."

"Well at least everyone knows now." Chloé stated.

"Not everyone."

Chloé looked at him in disbelief. "Excuse me, who still believes her?!" She asked so she can go find and back hand some sense into the idiots that are being so gullible.

"Alya for one thing, Nino because he's following his girlfriend's lead, Mylène and Ivan."

Completely speechless, Chloé's mouth hangs open but the reason for her reaction was not at Alya or Nino but at the fact that Ivan and Mylène still believe that fashion disaster's lies.

"Ok, I can get Césaire, she's so stubborn that the mere indication that she had taken something at face value and posted lies will result in her getting defensive. Nino's like a sheep to his girlfriend a lot of the time so him falling her lead is not surprising."

She then raised an eyebrow, "But Mylène and Ivan? That doesn't make sense."

"Mylène is too sweet but she may have been influenced by Alya a bit. I actually overheard Mylène bring up to Alya she was told by Marinette that Lila was lying and Alya...."

Nathaniel rolls his eyes as he thinks about how frustrating Alya has been in the last few weeks.

"Basically, gaslighted her that there's no way someone as sweet and kind as Lila is lying. She then brought up Marinette's crush on Adrien and said that she was probably overreacting again."