Chapter 12: No Rest for the Wicked

"It was wonderful to have you here darling." Willow said to Weiss as her, Whitley, and Klein said their goodbyes to her while Yang puts their luggage in the car.

Weiss smiles, "I'm glad to be here...." She looks up at her childhood home and smiles, "For once it actually felt warm and welcoming."

She then looks back at them and said, But I promise that I will put in the effort to stay in contact and visit as much as I can."

Willow smiles happily at that news. "I'm happy to hear that."

Weiss then looks at Whitley and smiled as she walks forward to give him a hug.

Whitley lightly steps back in confusion and stiffened when his sister gave him a hug.

"I'm going to miss you." Weiss muttered.

More shocked than ever, Whitley just stood there trying to comprehend the fact that he was actually receiving a hug.

He looked at Klein and his mother who were just smiling at this touching scene.

Looking back at Weiss, Whitley lightly smiles and hugs her back.

Pulling away Weiss then hugs Klein who chuckled and hugged her back. "Come back soon."

Weiss chuckles as she pulls away, "I'll try."

"Weiss, all done, you ready?" Yang questioned.

"Yeah!" Weiss exclaimed.

Giving her family one more smile Weiss walks away and gets into the car.

"Here we go." Their driver muttered as he drives away and made their way out of the estate.

And after they found a secluded place the driver activated the portal and went through it.

Appearing in front of Titans Tower.

Getting out, Yang and Weiss take their things out and wave their driver goodbye as he backs the car up, turns around and went through the portal.

Once the two entered the tower Yang immediately yelled, "Honey we're home!!"

Barking followed soon after which of course came from Titus.

Dropping her bags, Weiss bends down and held out her hands to the happy puppy. "Aww hello Titus, did you miss us?" She asked happily as she picks the puppy up.

Which gave him the reach he needed to lick her face.

Soon they were greeted by another bark this time from a green yorkie.

Yang snorts in amusement, taking a few steps forward the blond then bends down and scratches her friend behind the ears.

"Hey Gar."

"Seriously hermano?" Jaime said in amusement as he walks over with Penny right next to him.

"Salutations Weiss and Yang! It's good to have you back." Penny said happily.

And to convey this even more, she walked forward and hugged Weiss.

Unfortunately, she had wrapped her arms around her neck.

And Weiss immediately started to lose the ability to breathe. "Gahh! Penny air!" The cryomancer managed to gasp out.

Immediately letting go, Penny looks at her friend with guilt. "Oh, I'm so sorry."

Taking a few seconds to breathe in deeply, Weiss looks up at her and said, "It's fine. You meant no ill will."

Back to Garfield, the animal shapeshifter barks happily at the gentle pats and soon turned back to normal a minute later.