Chapter 10: Getting to the Bottom of Things

After another hour, both Alya and Nino finally came back and were confused on why Marinette was not answering the door.

"What is taking so long?" Alya said growing impatient as it hit the 6-minute marker.

"Why not call her?" Nino suggested.

Knowing that he's right, Alya sighs and brings out her phone and calls her friend.

The phone ringed for a few seconds before Marinette picked up.

"Hello?"

"Mari, where are you?"

"We're leaving the park right now. Are you at my house?"

"Yeah, we'll meet you downstairs." Alya replied.

"They were at the park." She stated and quickly made her way back down the stairs with Nino close behind her.

And by the time they made it to the front door Marinette and the others were already there.

Alya narrows her eyes at Damian and Ruby by extension but choose to ignore them and grab her sisters by their hands.

"Come on you two, Mom got off work early today."

"Bye!" Ella and Etta exclaimed and waved goodbye to their babysitters.

And with that, they walked away.

Before they were even out of earshot Alya started to grill into them.

"Ella, Etta, tell me how horrible that Damian boy was?"

The twins looked at their second eldest sister in confusion. "Prince Damian isn't horrible! Him and miss Ruby were so much fun!" Ella exclaimed.

Etta nods her head and says, "We made pigs in a blanket with everyone except for Marinette since she was busy. They even played game with us while we were at the park!"

And as they walked away, they began to name down other things that they did, and through it all.

Alya was gradually becoming more and more agitated at the fact that her sisters don't have anything bad to say about Damian.

Nino looks at his girlfriend in confusion and wondered on why she was so focus on incriminating this Damian guy.

Maybe he can ask Marinette later.

Meanwhile back at the bakery, Ruby looked at Marinette.

"What's her problem?" she asked, pointing her thumb at the creole girl.

Marinette sighs in exasperation. "Wounded pride. Alya is mad at the fact that she was called out and was forced to apologize. But to be honest, I think a big portion of her...dislike of Damian is because she considers him very rude."

Damian scoffed, "If she considers people being blatantly honest to provide constructive criticism then she's a fool."

Marinette rolled her eyes, "Alya can be...stubborn sometimes and hates being told she's wrong. Especially since she believes that as a reporter, she has to be right on everything even if it has nothing to do with her dream career."

"They're going to eat her alive in that case." Damian stated.

"Excuse me?!" Marinette said shocked at what he said.

Damian shrugs his shoulders. "I'm just saying. The life of a reporter can be a very cutthroat job application. There are reporters who would do anything to one-up and discredit one another so they can climb up in the ladder, then there are times where they find out something so vital that the people involved are sometimes willing to kill to keep it a secret."