Chapter 4: A Much Needed Talk

Yang hums as she walks through the halls of the Schnee Manor without a care in the world.

After breakfast it has been a slow day and the blonde spent most of the time training.

As she was walking around, she notices Weiss, who seemed to be deep in thought with something and had her head down.

Smiling, Yang walks over silently to Weiss and when they were an inch away the blonde brawler screamed in a sing-song tone. "HELLO~"

Weiss shrieks in surprise and jumps back to the point that she nearly slipped on the polished floors.

"Yang?!" the ex-heiress said in shock.

But soon her shock turned into irritation, standing straight Weiss hits the blonde in the shoulder.

"Ow! That actually hurt!" the blonde exclaimed with narrowed eyes.

She then smiles happily, "You're getting stronger, good job." And with that she grabs her teammate in a bear hug.

Weiss groans in exasperation, "Unhand me this instant!" she exclaimed and placed her hand on the blonde's face in a desperate attempt to make her let go of her.

Yang chuckles at her friend's futile attempts at getting out of her strong grip.

But since she knew that sooner or later that Weiss will encase her in a block of ice once she finally loses her temper, the blonde lets her go.

Looking at her teammate with a scoff, Weiss places her hands on her hips. "Was that really necessary?"

"Of course, it was, my little snowflake is finally growing up!" Yang joked and even mockingly wiped a fake tear away from her eye.

"Ugh. You can be so insufferable at times."

"Aww don't be like that Weiss cream, you know you love it!"

Weiss rolled her eyes but lightly smiled.

"Aww, I see that smile." Yang said smirking.

"Whatever." Weiss said brushing it off.

Yang chuckles and was about to say something when she noticed something at the corner of her eye a few feet behind Weiss.

And that was Whitley, who was spying on them by hiding behind a corner.

And he had look of envy and anger on his face.

But he flinched when he realized that Yang was looking at him and quickly took his leave.

The blonde brawler raised a bewildered eyebrow at his behavior but decided to pay attention to Weiss for now.

"So, what's wrong?" she asked.

"Nothing's wrong." Weiss replied.

"Yeah no. You look like something was troubling you." she then hums as she thinks about something and gives the ex-heiress a suspicious look. "And now that I think about it, you were like that a few days ago too and today at breakfast as well."

Looking away from her teammate, Weiss bows her head and sighs, "It's nothing. I've just been...thinking about something."

"And that is?" Yang pressed.

"Nothing major I promise you. My mother has just...brought something into prospective and I've been taking the time to think about it."

"If that's the case, maybe I could help give you some insight."

Taking a step back, Weiss finally looks up at her, shakes her head and waves her hands as a way to tell her no. "No, no. Thank you, but I have to fully think about this on my own."