Chapter 63: Captain Hardrock's Liberty

Ruby groaned as she stretches her arms above her head as her and Damian ride in their limo. "I wonder what this dojo is like?"

"From what I know, Father had bought an entire 4 story apartment that was left abandoned. Furthermore, it is within walking distance from the school. 20 minutes to be exact." Damian stated.

Getting out of their ride, they walked over to the door but what was strange was the fact there was no keyhole.

But there was a digital keypad, stepping closer Ruby puts in a code and the keypad then disappears and an outline of a handprint appeared.

Placing her hand on the pad, it scanned her hand before saying, "Welcome Miss Wayne." The feminine sounding door proclaimed before unlocking.

Damian snorts in amusement and Ruby just rolled her eyes and looked at him accusingly. "Did you do this?"

Chuckling, Damian wrapped his arm around her waist and looked at her charmingly. "Surprisingly, no. Besides, it's not like you won't be known as Mrs. Wayne in the future my beloved Zahra." He then kisses her cheek and walks inside.

Ruby rolled her eyes but walked in after him. Which resulted in the door automatically closing behind them.

"Diana?" She said, calling out to the Amazonian princess.

"In the living room!" Diana exclaimed at the end of the hall.

They looked at each other before following the sound of her voice and saw the living room. "Hey, Diana." Ruby greeted and looked around the living room.

Getting up, the Amazonian walks over to a door and placed her hand on the touchpad.

She then gestures for them to follow and she led them down a pair of stairs that took them down further into the earth and when they made it to the bottom Diana turned on the lights and it looked like a regular dojo.

Except Bruce had obviously made it to have a bat cave theme to it since there was a bat computer on a 2nd story platform and the walls were a dark gray.

And of course, there was a batman symbol engraved onto the silver-colored floor.

"You know, sometimes it amazes me that Bruce is able to build things without anyone noticing." Ruby commented.

"It's my father, he built a bat cave on Arkham before and hardly anyone knows about it." Damian proclaimed.

"True." Ruby agreed.

Diana looked at them incredulously. "He built a bat cave near the asylum?! Why?"

"Just in case if there's any chance that he's stuck on Arkham for whatever reason. Like a breakout resulting in the patients running amok." Damian explained.

Diana hums and nods her head, now understanding the method to Bruce's madness.

"So do you want them to come in today or..."

"Tomorrow, it's a Saturday after all." Diana answered.

"Furthermore, I should tell you that Bruce had installed a blacksmith workshop for you Ruby, it's back up on the first floor." Diana proclaimed.

Ruby smiled happily, "Awesome!"

Suddenly her scroll rings and when she saw what it was, she gasped. "Oh man! We were supposed to meet the others on the Liberty!"

Diana raised an eyebrow. "Isn't the Statue of Liberty in New York?"

Damian slightly cracks a smile at that hilarious misconception.