Chapter 8: An Unexpected Reunion

"Ugh! How hard is it to find a person's secret identity!" Ruby hissed under her breath.

Right now, she is in her and Damian's room, on her surface pro trying to figure out the identity of Ladybug and Chat Noir.

It has been 4 days since they came to Paris and the huntress hasn't found anything that would give her a hint on who matches their description.

Needing a break, Ruby stands up, grabs her purse from the closet, and walks over to the door.

"Where are you going?" Damian questioned.

"I need to take a break. So, I'm going over to that cute little bakery that I saw a few blocks away from here."

Opening the door, the huntress gives her boyfriend one more glance and asked, "You want something?"

"Lemon loaf but if they don't have that, then you can substitute it with a slice of carrot cake." The boy wonder answered.

"Ok."

And with that Ruby took her leave.

Now getting some fresh air, Ruby breathed in deeply and sighed happily as she walked through the streets.

She then stops and looked at the bakery.

Which was known as The Tom & Sabine Boulangerie Patisserie.

Walking in, Ruby saw the line and just sighs as she waited for her turn.

Which came 6 minutes later.

"Good evening, what can I get you today?" the woman at the cashier said.

Which so happened to be Marinette.

"You?" Marinette said in shock.

Ruby just smiled and slightly waves at her, "Hiya, Marinette, right?"

The dark blue haired girl frowns. "Yes. What are you doing here?"

"I think to order food, this is a bakery after all." Ruby said like it was painfully obvious.

Marinette blushes, "Right...what can I get for you?"

"Hmm, can I get 10 Macaroons...and 2 slices of iced Lemon Loaf?"

Getting what she asked, Marinette put the macaroons and Lemon Loaf into their respective bakery box.

"Alright that'll be 5.04 euros."

Handing out the correct change, Ruby smiles as she takes the small boxes and were about to make her way out when there is a crash from the kitchen.

Quickly turning their heads, they were met with Marinette's mother who was just staring at them in shock.

Or more importantly Ruby.

"Maman! Are you ok?" Marinette questioned.

Getting a good look at Marinette's mother, Ruby's eyes widen in recognition. "Auntie Sabine?!"

"Auntie?!" Marinette repeated in shock.

It was then at this moment that Marinette's father came running out from the back. "Darling what's wrong?!" he questioned.

"It's nothing dear. I was just shocked." Sabine stated and patted Tom's arm to reassure him.

She then looks at Ruby with a smile. "Ruby! It's so good to see you my little rose blossom!"

Walking over to the huntress she walks around the counter and immediately grabbed the huntress in a bear hug.

Ruby groans at the lack of air but smiled and hugged Sabine back. "It's good to see you too."