Chapter 72: Surprise!

It was a cool day in the city of Gotham and after endlessly working for months Bruce Wayne was officially taking a small 2-week break from Wayne Enterprise.

And to say that he was enjoying not having the extra workload, even for a short time was an understatement.

Right now, he was in the Batmobile and was chasing down Joker who had just robbed a bank.

Sticking his head out of his car, Joker takes out a machine gun and began shooting at the Batmobile while laughing like the crazy clown that he is.

But you would think after years of fighting the Dark Knight, the criminal would wise up to the fact that the Batmobile is bullet proof and it would take more than some bullets to even put a dent into it. And the same goes for the tires.

But as luck would have it, a black cat had suddenly appeared in the road and the get away driver panicked and narrowly missed the hissing furball.

However, in doing so, he had accidentally drove right into a fire hydrant. "Oh poo!" Joker muttered as Batman and the other policemen that were following close behind stopped and apprehended the Joker and his goons.

And of course, since it was the Joker, Batman had followed the policemen as they transfer the clown to Gotham Asylum and after he went inside the Dark Knight took his leave.

But after another 2 hours Alfred called him. "Sir, I suggest that you head home early today. Master Dick and Lady Kori are coming for Dinner, remember?"

"Alright Alfred." Batman replied and quickly headed back to the manor.

Where he then decided to spend what time he has left before dinner by reading a book in the library.

But as he was about to get to the climax of the story the library door is suddenly slammed open. "Hey Bruce!" Ruby greeted happily.

Bruce looked at Ruby in shock to see that she's here but then noticed Damian right behind her.

Getting up, he sets his book down and walks over to them. "Ruby...Damian? What are you doing here? Don't you have school?"

"Not for the next two weeks." Ruby answered.

Bruce raised an eyebrow in confusion since he has never gotten a notification that the school would be unexpectedly closed for 2 weeks.

"Explain."

"Some idiot broke into school late at night because he did not study for a test and so he decided that the only way to give himself more time was pouring chemicals from the science classroom all over the school." Damian explained.

"I'm guessing that he got caught?" Bruce assumed.

"Yes, the police were patrolling the streets and saw that the school door was opened. And as of now, the idiot has been expelled from school." Damian replied.

Ruby then shrugs her shoulders and added, "So, Damian and I decided to visit so we had Cyborg Boom-Tube us here. Besides, Marinette and Adrien can handle Paris without us."

She then hugs him, "So surprise!"

The billionaire looks down at her in surprise but smiled warmly as he hugs her back before they pulled away a few seconds later.

And with that they all went off to do their own thing until Alfred notified them that dinner was ready, and Dick and Kori were here.

"So, have you made any breakthroughs on Hawk Moth's identity?" Bruce asked, as he cuts into his food.

Ruby sighed in exasperation at the very mention of their progress to figure out Hawk Moth's identity.

"Unfortunately, no. We even tried to follow the butterflies to wherever they go but by the looks of it, after Ladybug uncorrupts an Akuma, Hawk Moth loses all control over it and can't use them again."