Chapter 75: The Offer

Now in the Agreste Repository, Gabriel is watching the news on his phone.

Nadja: Coming to you live from the Grand Palais Museum. I'm Nadja Chamack. Gabriel Agreste's fashion show was recently delayed after the Queen of Fashion, Audrey Bourgeois, was akumatized!

But everything is back on schedule again, after Ladybug and the Gotham heroes heroically stepped in to save the day, as usual. The fashion show can finally begin!

Gabriel turns off his phone and puts it in his pocket, now feeling guilty for putting his son in danger. "I don't want to break our promise, but..." He looks at Emilie before he looks back down.

"I can't keep putting our son in danger. Style Queen was supposed to be my masterpiece, but even she failed."

"I feel like I've done all I possibly could, you know. I'll never be able to fulfill my wish without Ladybug and Chat Noir's Miraculous. Forgive me, Emilie." He apologized.

"I'm giving you up, Nooroo." The Kwami looked at him in shock and could only watch as he takes off the brooch. Forcing the Kwami to return to the Miraculous, where Gabriel places it inside a silver box.

Putting the box in his pocket, Gabriel turns around and began to walk away from his wife's coffin. But he stopped in his tracks when the sound of someone cackling evilly echoed through the room.

"That's it? After three years of causing mayhem to the people of Paris, you're just going to give up?"

Gasping, Gabriel looks around for the intruder and slowly places his hand into the pocket where he stored his Miraculous. "Whose there?! Show yourself!"

Hearing a meow, Gabriel flinches in shock as he looks down to see a strange tabby cat. Gabriel blinks in bewilderment and muttered, "A cat?"

The cat turns around and runs over to its owner, which was Klarion the Witch Boy.

Who looked to be around 16 with his signature black hair that was fashioned into horns, his red eyes, his deep blue skin, and sharp black fingernails.

Furthermore, he was wearing a button up short sleeve shirt, a black vest with golden buttons, a very dark red cape which was a vivid red orange on the inside.

Black pants that were tucked inside his calf length boots. Which were black with vivid red-orange ties and soles. And he had on a pair of dark red fingerless gloves.

Gabriel narrowed his eyes at him, "You're Klarion the Witch Boy." Klarion feigns to be impressed and lets out a fake gasp, "Bravo, you are really perspective."

"What do you want, and how did you find me?" Gabriel questioned, not wanting to beat around the bush.

Klarion pets Teekl as he slowly stalks forward. "Well for your second question, it was quite easy."

"I simply used my magic to search for dark energy. When you corrupt your Akumas, there is an 8 second window where there is a sudden surge of dark energy that's big enough to be trackable."

Stopping in his tracks, Klarion smirks at him as he continues. "And thanks to you constantly creating Akumas more than once a week it was easy to follow the trail."

"And the reason on why I'm here? The Legion of Doom has finally taken notice of your...actions and are very impressed by your abilities. And so, we are offering you the chance to join our ranks."

"Sorry to disappoint but I've just given up that life, so I suggest you inform your cohorts of the bad news." Gabriel proclaimed as he walks forward and pass the Witch Boy.