Chapter 38: Learning to be Nice

"I'll let you in on a little secret. I always add cream to the chocolate to make the ganache extra velvety. Then I let it infuse for one minute." Tom proclaimed.

Right now, Ms. Bustier's class is getting a pastry lesson from Marinette's father.

Recording Marinette's dad, Alya looked at her friend and whispered. "I love it when your dad comes to class and gives us pastry lessons!"

Marinette lightly chuckles. "So does he!"

"Urgh! Do they seriously think I'm going to get my hands dirty, cooking like some maid? If I want a croissant, I'd just make my butler get it for me." Chloé said haughtily.

Hearing Chloé's comment, Rose turns her attention to the blonde and corrects her. "He's not making croissants, Chloé. Those are macaroons!"

Nathaniel snorts in amusement. "It's clear that you would be a bad cook if you can't even tell the difference on what he's making...After he explains what he was going to make nevertheless."

Chloé glared at Nathaniel. "Hey! I would be a good cook Kurtzberg!"

"Yeah right. If we were to do a presentation that made you have to cook on your own, I'm pretty sure that not only would your food look like gruel but it probably be as poisonous as eating a fugu dish that was prepared the wrong way."

Growling angrily, Chloé narrowed her eyes at him, she then scoffs and turns her attention to Tom.

"It's all done with a flick of the wrist. But you mustn't go too fast, or you might splash yourself!" Tom instructed.

Chloé looked at him in shock and looked down at her outfit as she thinks about how horrible it would be if she got food on her clothes. "And soil my Chanel pants?" Chloé crosses her arms. Who's he kidding?"

"Again, it's a good thing you're not cooking." Nathaniel repeated.

"Look at this lovely emulsion." Tom proclaimed as he shows the dough to the class who all gasp in awe.

"It's beautiful!" Rose said awestruck.

Chloé looks down at the bowl in disgust and looks back and forth as she quickly but quietly walked away from the group and stood near the windows.

But she was not as quiet as she believed since Marinette and Ruby heard her footsteps and turn their gaze to see Chloé take out her phone.

Narrowing her eyes, Ruby instinctively elbows the two people that she was standing in between.

Which was Damian and Nathaniel, once she got their attention, she points at Chloé.

Raising their eyebrows, the two classmates started to become suspicious of the blonde.

Chloé turns around and was about to make a call but after she put in the second number, her finger stopped just as she was about to press down on the third number.

Looking down, Chloé seemed to be trapped in her own little world as she thinks about something.

"What is she doing?" Damian questioned.

Marinette shrugs her shoulders.

Back with Chloé after looking down at her phone one more time she sighed in vexation as she deletes the number and puts her phone away.

She turns around and saw the looks of skepticism that Ruby, Nathaniel, Damian, and Marinette were giving her.

And while she does not care what Marinette and Nathaniel think of her. Seeing Ruby and Damian stare at her like that made the blonde avoid eye contact with them.