Chapter 20: Vanisher

It was a normal day at the Collège Françoise Dupont and right now Ms. Bustier's class are taking a science test with Ms. Mendeleiev.

And quite frankly it was easy for Ruby and Damian and they finished before everyone else.

"Miss Rose, Mr. Wayne. Is there a reason you both are not doing your test?"

"We've already finished Ma'am." Ruby answered with a smile.

The entire class looked at them in shock and some even looked at Max since even he wasn't done yet.

"Really? Don't you want to check over your results?"

"No reason to. Besides, we already sent out the results." Damian answered.

"Very well."

With that the science teacher went back to making sure that the other students are doing what they're supposed to be doing.

Taking her eyes off her screen for a few seconds, Marinette looks at Chloé and was surprised to see how exhausted and frazzled she looked. "Wow look at Chloé."

Now looking at Chloé as well, the two friends watch as Chloé starts to fall asleep before she lets out a snore that woke her up.

"That girl's a total wreck." Alya commented.

"Maybe she misses her BFF." Marinette suggested.

"Sabrina has been absent since yesterday huh?" Alya said in suspicion.

Stopping on the stairs, Ms. Mendeleiev shushes them.

Giggling apologetically the girls go back to what they were doing.

Meanwhile with Chloé she was falling back to sleep but was abruptly woken up when someone grabbed her ponytail and pulled back on it really hard.

"OWW!"

"What is it, Chloé?" Ms. Mendeleiev questioned.

"Someone pulled my hair!"

Ms. Mendeleiev looks at Mylène since she's the one sitting right behind Chloé.

"I didn't do it, Ms. M." Mylène proclaimed.

Chloé scoffs and stands up. "It wasn't her, it's-it's some invisible mystical being. Like a leprechaun. Or a unicorn without the horn!"

But that only made everyone laugh at her.

"What type of medication is she taking?" Damian asked himself in bewilderment.

"Damian!" Ruby said giving him a disproving look.

"She called a unicorn without a horn a mystical being." He retorted.

Ruby thinks about it for a moment before sighing in defeat. "Fine. I'll admit her statement was...strange."

"More than that beloved."

"Quiet, everyone! Eyes on your papers!"

Turning forward, Chloé went to sit back down but before she could the invisible force grabs her purse and she tried to pull it back, but the invisible force was too strong.

"It's happening again! Oh, wah!" She exclaims in shock when the invisible force suddenly let go, and she ended up falling onto the floor on the other side of her desk.

"Chloé, sit down!"

Still holding onto her purse, the invisible force then begins to hit Chloé with it. "I can't. My purse is beating me up!"

Once the invisible force let go, Chloé whimpers as she runs away and throws off her purse.

Running towards the door at the end, Chloé just looks at it with fear.