Chapter 105: Silencer

And with that, the group spends the next two weeks getting everything ready.

They would meet on the Couffaine houseboat. And while the band performs, Marinette designs their costumes and records them.

Once the video is completed, she sends it to Audrey and then Bob, and they then group hugs.

4 days later, the band met up for another rehearsal.

You know I love unicorns
And that they make me feel better!
I see their faces everywhere I go
Dreaming about them in the nights!

You know I love unicorns
And that they make me feel better!

I only want them to be mine, mine, mine.
Dreaming about them in the nights!
Yeah, yeah, yeah!!

You know I love unicorns
And nothing makes me feel better!

"Wow! This is so awesome! We're so in the moment. The song's fun and totally sincere." Luka remarked.

He approaches and sits down next to Marinette, who is anxiously sitting down on the couch looking at her phone. "Hey, Marinette. Still no news about the contest?"

"Maybe they didn't like our song?" Marinette said sadly. "They must've received a ton of videos. They probably haven't made their pick yet." Luka assumed.

Marinette slightly smiles but she just hopes he's right since if everything works out, they'll have Audrey in their corner. Even she could see the benefits of that.

"Uh, oh. You better take a look at this, guys." Ivan said as he stared out one of the boat windows.

Everyone looks outside the boat window and sees the TVi studio's big screen outside where XY is performing Kitty Section's song and wearing a cardboard version of their costumes.

Marinette quickly takes out her phone and they watch as XY mutters the last verse of their song. "...cause I love my unicorn, and fluffy blue bunnies, too!"

The camera turns to Alec. "Wow! Lovin' the new look, XY! You've really outdone yourself this time. How did you come up with a style that's so... original?"

XY proudly walks over and points at his head. "It's all in here."

"But that's our original style!" Ivan exclaimed.

"Your unicorn, and your mask!" Luka said to Marinette.

"That's your melody. It's your music." Marinette said to Luka and Rose. "That's not fair! That should be you guys up there on TV. There better be a good explanation! We have to have it out with Bob Roth and XY!"

Juleka scoffed, she already saw the writing on the wall. "I've got your explanation; the entire contest was a scam. Bob Roth stole our music and gave it to XY."

"We don't know that for sure, Maybe XY stole the music before Bob could have a look at it. That guy is faker than Lila and her cheap le-press on nails combined." Marinette said.

"Marinette that isn't nice," Ivan said. "But it's the truth." Marinette retorted unremorsefully.

Sighing, Juleka shook her head. "Mari, while I appreciate you trying to look for the good in people. You have to consider that Bob Roth is in on this."

"XY is one of his biggest clients, whom he has protected from multiple plagiarism scandals in the past. Very strongly I might add." Luka frowns, agreeing with his sister. "Yeah, I've heard about them too."

Suddenly, her phone rang, and she saw it was from Audrey. "Hold on I have to take this." Marinette walks off. "Hello?"

"Marinette, did you win that little contest yet? It's bee days?" Thinking about Juleka's words, Marinette grew dejected. "Audrey...I don't think it was real?"