Chapter 7: Another Day in Paris

Damian moans as he snuggles into his bed and tried to enjoy the warmth that he gets from holding his beloved in his own embrace.

But he soon realized that he did not feel anything in his hand.

Becoming scared, the boy wonder shot up from the bed and looked around frantically while yelling. "Ruby?!"

"Yeah?" the huntress replied calmly from the couch.

Sighing in relief, Damian placed his hand over his fast-beating heart. "Don't scare me like that beloved."

He then looks at the digital clock and saw that it was 8 in the morning.

Getting out of bed he walks over to her and saw that she was on her surface pro.

"Why are you even up this early?"

"I couldn't sleep. I kept thinking about those French heroes. Ladybug and Chat Noir, and after some research. I'm sure that they're the wielders of the Ladybug and Cat Miraculous." Ruby explained.

Looking at her in bewilderment, Damian sits down next to her and looked at the photos which was mainly close ups of the heroes Jewelry.

"The what?"

"The Ladybug and Cat Miraculous. They're one of many magical jewelries that grants people various abilities and one power that is unique to them. Furthermore, every miraculous is based off an animal and abstract idea."

"For example. The Ladybug and Cat Miraculous are Creation and Destruction, respectively. So, the possibilities are endless, like there could even be miraculouses that are based on things like, camouflage, hypnotism, mimicry, even light." Ruby explained.

Damian looked at his beloved and her tablet incredulously and wondered on how on earth she knows all this.

And so, he asked her, "And how do you know all this?"

"Hippolyta, as it turns out back in her youth, the Queen of the Amazonians was a lot more like her daughter than most people would think."

"Meaning?"

"Hippolyta was a former wielder of the Ladybug Miraculous when she was around our age. Which technically means that just like Diana, Hippolyta was a protector of the world of man."

Damian's eyes widen in shock at this new tidbit of information.

He then scoffs, "Typical. Another sign of the Amazonian's hypocrisy."

"True. But at least they're trying to learn."

"But anyway, apparently, these two appeared around 3 years ago after a villain named Hawkmoth appeared. A butterfly themed villain."

"A butterfly?" Damian said incredulously.

"Yep. Because of Ladybug's own admission it is very apparent that Hawkmoth's powers are from a miraculous just like her and Chat. Which I guess gives him a power that's similar to transformation."

"They admitted where their powers come from?!" Damian said appalled at how stupid this duo was to do that.

Mainly since the duo could have used their powers to their advantage by making people think that they're meta humans, thus making it a lot harder for their enemies to exploit their weakness.

"Yes and no. The public only knows that the jewelry they wear plays a key factor in their power, not how it works. Besides, it's hard to keep the fact that your powers are the result of magical jewelry when every single Akumatized Victim demands that you hand over said miraculous in broad daylight."