Chapter 95: A Miraculous Movie Premiere

Laying across her bed, Marinette held up her tablet as she watches a trailer with Tikki sitting on her shoulder.

"It's starting." She said excitedly.

Which showed both Ladybug and Chat Noir as animated characters.

Trailer narrator: She's scared of cats, but powerless without this feline."

Marinette looked at her tablet in shock before she grew annoyed. "Huh?! That is so not true!"

She looks at Tikki, now confused on how that even makes sense. "I'm not scared of cats."

Trailer Narrator: Chat Noir and Ladybug, two heroes facing their destiny. Coming soon to theaters.

The trailer then changes to show the director of the film, Thomas Astruc.

Thomas: The real Chat Noir and Ladybug won't be able to make it to tonight's premiere, but I hope that they'll love my movie as much as we love them.

"Meh, I'll be the judge of that." Marinette muttered.

"You turned down an invitation to the premiere?" Tikki questioned.

"I'm a superhero, Tikki, not a star." She rolls her eyes and makes a snide comment. "Unlike some heroes that live halfway across the world."

"It's my job to protect the city. Not sit around at a movie premiere." Tikki smiles, proud at her holder's maturity. "Well said, Marinette."

Looking back at the tablet, the girls watched as Nadja showed up.

Nadja: The premiere will be attended by many illustrious guests including the rockstar Jagged Stone.

Bruce Wayne, along with his two sons Tim Drake and Damian Wayne, along with the youngest Wayne's girlfriend Ruby Rose.

Lex Luthor.

The famous fashion designer Gabriel Agreste, and his teen idol son who voiced Chat Noir, Adrien Agreste.

And of course, Marinette knew about his starring in the movie since he told his friends about it.

"It's really awesome that Adrien got to star in a movie." She muttered.

Tikki raises an eyebrow at her response. "You're not sad that Adrien is going to the premiere, and you aren't?"

Marinette looked down at Tikki in confusion. "Why would I be sad about that?"

"Well, if you hadn't declined the invitation, this could have been your chance to be near Adrien." Tikki stated.

Marinette rolls her eyes as she said, "The old me would probably think that."

"But thanks to Ruby and Damian, I have come to realize that I do have an unhealthy obsession."

"Despite what Alya or the girls would say. The way I was acting wasn't cute and normal, it was downright creepy and reprehensible."

Frowning, an ashamed look appeared on her face as she stared at the screen.

"And to be honest, the fact that I acted in such away makes me feel ashamed. Not only for myself but for how I was treating Adrien."

Tikki raises an eyebrow, confused on what that's supposed to mean. "How you were treating him?" She repeated, still confused.

Marinette nods her head and sighs sadly, "I...I really wasn't a good friend to Adrien to be honest."

Tikki frowns in disbelief and said, "I don't think that's true."