Chapter 48: It's Over

Qrow sighed as he walks through the streets of Mistral and made his way over to Haven Academy.

It's been a few days since he got here and right now, he's on high alert since the attack on Haven is set to happen tomorrow.

But that's not the only reason he's so guarded, the second reason is because he now can see why Raven warned him.

There is something really wrong with Lionheart especially since he emptied out the school.

Who would do something like that?

Finally making it to his destination he was met with Mercury Black, who was standing in the grand hall just looking around.

"Kid!?" He said in bewilderment.

Mercury looks at him before smiling and walking over to him. "Oh, hey Qrow. Fancy seeing you here."

"What are you doing here?"

"Well...Atlas students were given a break since there was...a dust incident that'll take some time to fix. So, classes have been canceled for a week. So, I thought I could come and visit my old buddies."

"Well, you won't find them, Lionheart sent them all home, including the staff."

"What, but why?" Mercury questioned in confusion.

"Said that they needed a break after dealing with so many Grimm."

Mercury frowns, "But that's their job. Besides, he can't lay off an entire staff."

Qrow scoffed in amusement. "Tell that to him."

"Tell who what?" Lionheart's voice questioned.

He walks forward and then his eyes widen when he saw Mercury. "Hi, Mr. Lionheart, been awhile."

Lionheart looked at him for a moment and Qrow realized that the way he was acting was very hostile, almost like he wanted to attack Mercury right here, right now.

But he resigned himself and smiled, "Mr. Black, I'm surprised to see you here."

"Atlas Academy is under renovations for a week. So, I decided to pop in and say hello."

"I'm surprised James let you out without an entourage."

Mercury shrugs his shoulders, "I can take care of myself. Besides, it helps that he's too busy with this Dust Embargo thing to keep tabs on me."

He then smirks impishly and said, "Besides, I know that everyone misses me."

Lionheart narrowed his eyes at the boy before calming down. "I see, well you are not wrong. Your friends had been wondering on when they'd see you again."

"Anyway, I should be going since there's no need to be standing around here." He then turns around and waves goodbye.

"See ya." And as he walked away, he had an impish smirk on his face.

Lionheart clears his throat, "I think I'll be leaving as well; I have some business to take care of."

"What business? You literally have no students or staff here."

"Just because my school isn't running does not mean I'm not busy. There's still the missing Huntsmen to worry about."

With that the headmaster took his leave.

Qrow narrowed his eyes at him but huffed and took his leave to the lodgings that he is staying in.

Meanwhile Lionheart quickly went into his office and locked the door.