184. Scrapbook

My husband is the singer and songwriter Shawn Mendes, and next month him and I will be celebrating our two year anniversary. We've been together for almost seven years, and we have a two month old daughter, Rose Lucille Mendes, together. She already has her father wrapped around her little fingers, but he loves it, and he loves her more than anything.

"Rosie, what should I get Daddy for our two year wedding anniversary?" I asked her as I held her in my arms while I sat on the couch. She just smiled at me. Soon, the door swung open and Shawn walked in. I smiled at him.

"There's my two favorite girls. How were you guys today?" He asked as he sat down next to me on the couch.

"We were good. We napped a lot." I said with a giggle and Shawn smiled.

"Can I hold her please?" He asked. I nodded and gently handed her to him. He smiled at her and rubbed her cheek.

"I was just asking her what I should get her Daddy for our two year wedding anniversary." I said. Shawn smiled at me.

"Did she answer?" He asked. I giggled and shook my head.

"No. Can I have a kiss please?" I asked. He nodded and put his lips on mine. I felt my heart race as if I had just run a marathon, I felt butterflies erupt and fly around in my tummy, and I felt sparks shoot through me like fireworks. Shawn and I pulled away and smiled at each other.

"Magical, per usual." Shawn said. I nodded.

"Oh! I know what I can do for our two year anniversary." I said.

"Mrs. Mendes, you don't have to get me anything." He said. I gave him a look.

"Okay Mr. Mendes, let me ask you something: are you getting me something?" I asked. He smiled and nodded.

"Yeah." He said.

"See? It would only be fair for me to get you something if you're going to get me something." I pointed out. He nodded.

"Okay darling. Just don't spend as much money as you did last year please." He said. I nodded and looked at the watch that he was wearing. It was what I got for him last year. We got into a fight about it when he found out that I had paid a little over a thousand dollars for it, but he still wears it all of the time - he was wearing it the day that Rose was born.

"No, I think that I'm going to make you something. Now I just need to figure where I can do it. I can't do it in your office because then you'll see it, and I can't do it in our room or Rose's room. I'll do it in the guest bedroom I guess." I said. Shawn nodded.

"So what are you making for me, my love?" Shawn asked with a smirk.

"No! I'm not going to tell you! I'll be right back." I said as I stood up and grabbed my phone. Shawn nodded.

"Okay darling." He said. I went upstairs into mine and Shawn's bedroom and shut the door and called my mom.

"Hi sweetie." She said.

"Hi mom. How are you?" I asked.

"I'm good, how are you?" She asked.

"I'm good. I was thinking, and I want to make Shawn a scrapbook for our two year wedding anniversary next month. Should I start by printing out the pictures first, and then go to a craft store and get an empty scrapbook and stuff for it, or should I get the scrapbook first?" I asked. My mom thought for a moment.

"Um, I think that you should do the pictures first because then you'll know how big you want the scrapbook to be. How are you going to hide it from Shawn?" She asked.

"I'm thinking of either working on it in the guest bedroom, or, if it's okay, doing it at your house." I said.

"That's fine if you want to do it over here. I think that if you do it over here, the chances of him seeing it are slimmer. Plus, I could watch Rose while you work on it. Do you know what pictures you want to use?" She asked. I thought for a moment.