80. Met Gala

I sat on the couch with my fiancé, the singer and songwriter Shawn Mendes. Well, he was sitting on the couch, but my head was in his lap as we watched tv. He was running his fingers through my hair when he got a text.

"Oh it's Hailey." He said, and my stomach immediately went into a knot. I had met Hailey Baldwin Bieber once but I still felt jealous. At one point, Shawn and Hailey were seen together a lot, and even though that was before Shawn and I had met, I remember feeling a knot in my stomach then too.

"Okay." I said.

"Um, I don't think that you're going to like this, but she says that the Tommy Hilfiger people reached out to her and want her and I to do the Met Gala together again." He said. I sat up.

"What?" I asked. He repeated it and the knot in my stomach got worse as I began to bounce my leg.

"Baby, breathe. She's married to Justin, we're engaged, nothing's going to happen between us." Shawn said. I nodded. "What's going through your mind right now?" Shawn asked. I shrugged.

"I don't even know. She's a nice girl, and I know that we're engaged and that she's married to Justin, but I just feel this big knot in my stomach right now." I said as I stared straight ahead. Shawn pulled me onto his lap and used his hand to gently turn my head so I was looking at him.

"You know what? I'm going to call Andrew." Shawn said. I nodded.

"Okay." I said as I played with my beautiful engagement ring. Shawn called Andrew.

"Hey, am I supposed to do the Met Gala with Hailey? I am? Okay, so here's the thing: I don't want to. I want to do the Met Gala with Y/n." Shawn said and my head snapped in his direction.

"What?" I whispered. Shawn rubbed my back.

"Andrew, either I do the Met Gala with Y/n or I don't do it at all. If Y/n does the Met Gala with me, she is going to have input on what dress she gets to wear. Remember the last time that we went to a red carpet event? No one let her choose what she could wear, they just put her in a dress, and even though she still looked gorgeous, she hated it. So either I do the Met Gala with my fiancé or I don't do it at all." Shawn said. There was a pause where Andrew must have been talking. "Okay. Bye." Shawn said and hung up.

"So am I going to the Met Gala?" I asked.

"Andrew is going to talk to the Tommy Hilfiger people and then get back to me. Would you mind coming with me darling?" Shawn asked. I smiled and shook my head.

"No. That would be nice." I said. He smiled at me and then his phone rang. He answered it.

"Hey... so I can walk with Y/n and she's allowed to pick out her dress? Great, thanks man." Shawn said and then hung up. He smiled at me. "You're going to the Met Gala baby." He said. I smiled at him and began to pepper his face with kisses. He laughed.

"Yay! Oh I'm so excited Shawn!" I said. Shawn smiled at me.

"I'm excited that you're coming with me. I love you so much baby girl." Shawn said. I rested my head on his shoulder.

"I love you more honey." I said. Shawn chuckled and shook his head as he wrapped his arms around me.

"You're crazy." He said. I lifted my head up and looked into his gorgeous caramel eyes.

"Yeah, crazy in love with you." I said. Shawn threw his head back with laughter and my heart fluttered at the mere sound of it.

"That's my line!" He said, and I laughed. A few weeks later, I was shown pictures of dresses that I could wear, or I could wear something similar to that dress, to the Met Gala. One of the pictures was of Shawn and Hailey at the Met Gala.