28. Birthday Surprise

A/n: Okay so yes, I know that Shawn's birthday isn't for another five more months, but this idea popped into my head, and I needed to get it out. Also, I am currently going off of zero hours of sleep, so I apologize for any mistakes. I'll fix them later. Okay, I hope that you guys enjoy this imagine! Let's begin!

When I opened my eyes in the morning, I saw my gorgeously handsome husband of three years, Shawn Mendes, asleep next to me. I smiled at him. Today's his birthday, and I know exactly what to do to make it special. I got out of bed and went down the hall to our two year old daughter, Rose Lucille Mendes's room. When I walked into her room, she was laying there, playing with her feet. She smiled at me when she saw me.

"Hi Mumma." She said as I picked her up and held her on my hip.

"Hi sweet pea. Do you know what today is?" I asked. She thought for a moment before shaking her head.

"No. What's today?" She asked. I smiled at her.

"Today is your Daddy's birthday." I said. She smiled and clapped her hands together, causing me to laugh.

"Oh yeah, we got him a picture frame and put a picture of him and I in it." She said. I nodded.

"That's right. I got Daddy a gift, but I want you to be the one to give it to him, okay?" I asked. She nodded.

"Okay." She said. I then told her the plan and she seemed happy with it. I brought her into mine and Shawn's bedroom and handed her the thing that she was supposed to give Shawn. I then picked her up and put her on the bed.

"Hold on sweet pea, I have to get my phone out so I can videotape this." I said as I got my phone out. She waited. "Okay, go." I said when I got it recording. Rose lightly shook Shawn to wake him up.

"Daddy wake up. Wake up Daddy." Rose said. Shawn opened his eyes and smiled at his daughter who is literally his whole entire world.

"Good morning Rosie. What do you have there?" Shawn asked. Rose handed him the positive pregnancy stick and his eyes widened.

"Happy birthday Daddy. Mumma's pregnant." She said. Shawn looked up at me.

"Is she, wait, are you, are you really pregnant?" Shawn asked. I nodded as I smiled.

"Yeah. I just found out yesterday." I said. Shawn got out of bed and walked over to me so he could hug me. I wrapped my arms around his shoulders as he wrapped his arms around my waist. I could tell that he was crying some happy tears, and I was crying some happy tears as well.

"Oh my gosh honey, this is the best birthday gift ever. Oh my gosh, I love you so much Y/n. I know that we already have a little girl, so I hope that we have a little boy this time." Shawn said. I nodded.

"Me too. I love you too Shawn. Oh I just realized that I'm still videotaping, oops." I said. I pulled away from the hug so I could stop recording. I then put my phone down and looked at Shawn. "Are you happy?" I asked, which I basically already knew the answer since he had a huge smile on his face. He nodded.

"Yes! I'm very happy. Oh my gosh. Rosie, you're going to be a big sister!" Shawn said. Rose thought for a moment.

"Okay." She said, not seeming to be too fazed. Shawn and I laughed.

"Also, Rosie helped me pick out a present for her Daddy. Rose, do you want to give it to him?" I asked. Rose nodded and I helped her off the bed so she could get the gift. Shawn had sat back down on the bed, so I helped her back onto the bed. She handed the wrapped frame to Shawn.

"What is it Rose?" Shawn asked.

"You have to open it and find out." Rose said.

"So I can't tickle it out of you?" Shawn asked. Rose shook her head.