150. Your First Awards Show

A/n: Okay, so let's pretend that it's August of next year. Also, please check the message that I posted on my board. Anyways, please enjoy this imagine. Okay, without further ado, let's begin!

I have been dating the singer and songwriter Shawn Mendes for eight months. I was spending some time with him at his condo in Toronto when he suddenly got a call from his manager, Andrew Gertler.

"I'll be right back." Shawn said. I nodded.

"Okay." I said. He stepped out of the room, and when he came back, he sat down next to me and then pulled me onto his lap.

"How would you feel about going to an awards show with me next week?" He asked. My eyes widened.

"Wait, are you serious?" I asked as Shawn began to rub my back. He nodded.

"Yup. You don't have to if you don't want to, but it would be our first red carpet debut as a couple." Shawn said. I chewed at my bottom lip for a moment as I thought.

"Would I be able to pick out what I wear?" I asked. Shawn nodded.

"Yup. I don't know what you're going to wear, but you'll look gorgeous." Shawn said.

"Thank you." I said.

"You're welcome darling." Shawn said.

"Okay, I'll go." I said. Shawn's smile widened as he pulled me closer.

"Oh that makes me so happy honey." Shawn said as he began to repeatedly kiss my cheek.

The next week, Shawn and I got ready in separate rooms. I wore a long red dress that showed a bit of cleavage. The stylists put my hair up in a ponytail, and they put on some eyeliner, mascara, and eyeshadow on me. I smiled at how I looked in the mirror, and for the first time in a while, I liked how I looked. I put on red heels and stepped out. Shawn was wearing a gray suit, and he looked so beyond handsome. I smiled at him.

"Shawn? How do I look?" I asked. He turned to me and smiled.

"Absolutely gorgeous. Oh my gosh you look stunning. I'm the luckiest man in the world." Shawn said and I blushed. He pulled me in for a hug.

"Thank you so much babe. You look so handsome. I'm the luckiest girl in the world." I said. He smiled and kissed my cheek. We soon headed out to the car and Shawn helped me in. He took my hand and interlaced our fingers together. As our skin touched, I felt electricity spark through me, yet I felt safe and warm at the same time. I felt nervous and I began to bounce my leg. Shawn squeezed my hand and I looked into his comforting caramel eyes.

"Darling, if you want to leave at any point, let me know and we'll leave as soon as we can, okay?" Shawn asked. I nodded.

"Okay." I said. Shawn then gave me tips on how to pose and things like that.

"I'll stick by your side the whole time, I won't leave you, I promise." Shawn said. I smiled and nodded.

"Okay. Thank you." I said. He kissed my cheek. We soon arrived at the place where the award show was being held.

"Ready?" Shawn asked. I nodded.

"As ready as I'll ever be." I said.

"Deep breath babe." Shawn said and I did as told. He watched me, and once he was satisfied with the three deep breaths that I had taken, he stepped out and held his hand out for me to take. I stepped out and kept my eyes on him as I smiled. He smiled back, and his smile gave me butterflies. I leaned over to whisper in his ear.

"So you won't leave my side?" I asked.

"Nope, not for a single second, unless you have to go to the bathroom." Shawn said. I giggled and nodded as I put my arm through his and we began to walk on the red carpet. There were so many photographers screaming our names. Shawn wrapped his arm around my shoulders and I wrapped my arm around his waist. He kissed the side of my head. "How are you doing?" He asked after a few more minutes. I smiled and nodded at him.