156. "What If I Get Fired?"

A/n: Okay, so let's pretend that it's February. Also, explicit language in this one. Anyways, please enjoy this imagine. Okay, without further ado, let's begin!

I've been an adjustment counselor at the high school that I graduated from for five months now, and I love it. I was standing in the area near the computers that are outside of my office looking at something, when I heard a noise.

"Psst. Psst." I heard. I looked around to figure out the noise, and saw a student waving me over just as they were making the noise again. I walked over to the student.

"Hi, so instead of just making a noise to call me over, please say Mrs. Mendes. That's the proper way to call me over, rather than making a noise. When I had a dog I would make a noise to get her attention, but I'm not a dog and my name is Mrs. Mendes." I said, feeling a bit disrespected. The boy, Chad, gave me a dirty look.

"Well I was just trying to get your attention." He said.

"And you could have gotten my attention by saying my name. All you had to do was say Mrs. Mendes, and I would have come over." I said.

"Well the noise got you to come over." He said.

"Yes because I was looking around to figure out what the noise was and I saw you waving me over as you were making the noise. All I'm asking is that you're more respectful next time and just simply say my name. What do you need help with?" I said and asked. He sighed and then looked me up and down.

"Wait, are you married?" He asked. I nodded.

"Yes I am." I said. Where was he going with this?

"That doesn't surprise me. You're very good looking Mrs. Mendes." He said.

"That's inappropriate for you to say. I'm your counselor. What do you need help with Chad?" I asked, feeling irritated and disrespected.

"Well I don't know how to apply to this college." He said, pointing at the computer screen.

"That would be a question for Mr. Evans. I'm not sure about how to do it." I said.

"But aren't you a counselor?" He asked. I nodded.

"Yes. I'm an adjustment counselor, Mr. Evans is a guidance counselor so this is more his area." I said.

"Well what's your area?" Chad asked, his tone laced with rudeness.

"First of all, please don't use a rude tone with me, and second of all, I deal with more personal things, not with scheduling and college things." I said.

"You know what? I don't like how you're treating me, I think that I'll report you to Principal Miller." He asked and said. My stomach went into a knot.

"Okay, that's fine. I'll tell her that you were being rude and disrespectful to me." I said and then went to Mr. Evans's office. He was my guidance counselor when I went here. I knocked on his door.

"Hi Y/n. What can I do for you?" He asked.

"Can I talk to you for a second?" I asked. He nodded.

"Sure." He said. I sat down and shut the door.

"Well first of all, this feels like old times when I was a student here and would come to you with problems, but anyways, I just had an interaction with a student and now the student is threatening to report me to Principal Miller and I don't know what to do." I said. He turned his chair towards me more and frowned.

"What happened?" He asked, so I told him. His eyes widened, especially at the comment that Chad had made about my looks.

"Am I going to get in trouble with Principal Miller?" I asked. Mr. Evans shook his head.